So... who brews their own, and how?

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

Wingnut
Cetane Booster

So... who brews their own, and how?

Post by Wingnut »

FineFrank
Turbo Charger

Post by FineFrank »

Wing,
Reminds of the days i spent on the rec.crafts-brewing newsgroup. Those were the days.
Frank
Wingnut
Cetane Booster

Post by Wingnut »

Surely not new to everyone, but here's some open-source biodiesel reactor plans:

http://www.localb100.com/appleseed/
beck
Cetane Booster

Post by beck »

Been mixing 1/2 kero and 1/2 filtered wvo for about 3 months now. Put it right in the tank w/o pre heating. I had a hard time starting it only one time. I plugged in the block heater for an hour and away she went. This was after she sat for a few days and the temp got below 40. Seems to work fine. I won't do this in the winter w/o pre heating.
bravesirryan

biodiesel

Post by bravesirryan »

A great source is Joshua Tickell's "From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank" he talks about the commotion around biodiesel as well as how to make it.
bravesirryan

tickell's book

Post by bravesirryan »

here is where you can get the book, http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... ce&s=books
79dieselbunny
Cetane Booster

Post by 79dieselbunny »

I've seen alot of sources that state there is a gret deal of misinformation and plain bad science in Tickell's book. I've been relying more on sources such as bidieselnow.com, localb100.com, and the biodieselbasics group on yahoo. I also just purchased Girl Mark's book through the localb100 site. Excellent info and only $15.00 shipped. Building my processor based on the info there.
1979 4d, 531,000 miles and counting! 1.6 NA
girl mark
Cetane Booster

Post by girl mark »

thanks very much for the kind words.

here's the book:

www.localb100.com/book.html

and here's something entirely different- a group-written website that we put together called the Collaborative Biodiesel Tutorial-

www.localb100.com/cbt

Mark