It's about the feeling I get

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

It's about the feeling I get

Post by Guest »

I'm new to the forum and can't say enough about how it has helped me.
So here we go...
I own a beautiful Toyota Tundra...Big Deal huh !!!! I also have a 1982 rabbit d...(soon to be converted over to veg oil). Wouldn't you think that fat truck would make me feel so cool blowin down the freeway, why heck no...it's the opposite. I love my rabbit...I love filling up for 18 bucks...I love the feeling I get from conserving energy...I love the 49 Mpg...I like the short line at the gas station...And I'm really going to like it more when I convert over to veg oil.
My wife thinks I'm loosing it, you know, making the $400.00 dollar payment on the Tundra, watching it collect dust and driving the rabbit instead. Can someone out there help me, I'm afraid I might get the urge to start hugging a tree or something...lol
Charlie B
Cetane Booster

Post by Charlie B »

I got used real quick to driving by gas stations looking at prices going up and and up, thinking thats nice as I spread the smell of free cooking oil down the road. You mention a wife that implies there might be kids also, keep the Tundra for long road trips, a Rabbit is no place to be crammed in close to the family on a long road trip. Although being able to swing your arms around and smack'em when they get out of hand and asking interminably ARE WE THERE YET would be a lot easier in Rabbit than Tundra.
81 diesel Rabbit
Running on WVO
BigMieux
Cetane Booster

Good Call!

Post by BigMieux »

I just bought a 1980 VW Rabbit and now I drive it all the time and leave my Sedan DeVille at home. $54 per fill-up was bleeding me dry. By my calculations even without the Veg-Oil conversion I am doing the car will pay for itself in a year.
Diesel_Rabbit
Diesel Freak

I agree with Guest

Post by Diesel_Rabbit »

I agree with guest...I own four other newer vechiles: 2003, 2000, 1994, 1992, all in great shape, some with all the bells and whistles...but what do I like the best: 84 diesel rabbit. that uses wvo.

fuel is free
great mpg
easy to repair
inexpensive parts
insurance is low
registration is cheap

car is ugly, has no power, slow, bad heat, but something about it that makes it fun to drive..ok I do like my 03 jetta tdi wagon, but there is something to be said about going back to the basics and keeping things simplified.