Where to run heated fuel lines

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

jkeiffer_gearhead
Turbo Charger

Where to run heated fuel lines

Post by jkeiffer_gearhead »

Hey guys I was wondering where you run your hose within a hose lines on a rabbit pickup, Fatmobile I am looking to you for advice, I dont think that i want to run them below the truck since my exhaust is in the way of the tunnel and I dont want to scrape something along the bottom and rip my hoses out. i was thinking of putting them through the cab but i want to conceal the hoses and not get that much heat transfer inside the cab, just looking to see what others have done, thanks in advance guys.

later
Justin
www.archeryprostaffmi.com
1985 GMC pickup 4x4 lift kit and runs 14.625 @ 91mph
1982 VW rabbit pickup 1.6L just rebuilt, 100mm cv's, 02A transmission
1997 Geo Tracker 1.9 TDI-M, variable gate turbo, Giles Pump
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

running vegy lines to the tank

Post by Fatmobile »

On my pickup, I ran them underneath.
I took a 5 ft piece of exhuast pipe (forgot the diameter) had them put an 80 degree bend on the end.
It hits the turn in the engine bay and runs next to the exhaust till it gets behind the cab.
This is how I have the Fatmobile ('83 Rabbit) setup too. I noticed a big drop in engine temp due to running all this coolant through an uninsulated metal pipe.
I think you could run it under the vehicle, ... inside some large radiator hose might keep the heat loss down some ... or under the carpet inside the car.
I'll try to get some pics up after the weekend.
VW cat
Turbo Charger

Post by VW cat »

If I run hoses back I was thinking of running them through the console that I installed from a Rabbit car. Not sure if it will work but they will be out of harms way. :)
Rat407
Diesel Freak

Post by Rat407 »

What about running the lines in some Copper tubing? Would that work. Or could you use CPVC, since it is made to be used with hot water would it work for this setup? Just some ideas. :D
65 Impala SS 4sp, 396 bored .060 over Hence Rat407
91 Jetta TD with 198k