What is needed to run Biodiesel (soybean oil)?

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

cleaver
Turbo Charger

What is needed to run Biodiesel (soybean oil)?

Post by cleaver »

Guys
Here in SD, I am seeing a lot soydiesel at the pumps. I am in the process of putting in a new head gasket(and head?) and thought it might be a more ecological idea to run soydiesel. Any information would be appreciated. :roll:
Charlie B
Cetane Booster

Post by Charlie B »

All you have to do to run it is put it straight into your tank like regular diesel. That being said, depending on your vehicle you will need to change fuel lines to something that tolerates biodiesel. Also depeneding on age of carrying a few extra fuel filters would be nice also as the biodiesel cleans out the dino deposits, to save on higher costing main fuel filter a cheap inline prefilter is usually installed. Living in SD you may want to install some form of fuel warming system as biodiesel gells sooner than regular diesel. Most info can be found, even your particular vehicle on different biodiesel sites. I wish I lived somewhere there were pumps dispensing biodiesel prefferably 100%.
81 diesel Rabbit
Running on WVO
wbhgrace
Cetane Booster

Post by wbhgrace »

Here is a link to a post about biodiesel compatible fuel lines, etc. http://vwdieselparts.com/forum/viewtopi ... e5471d0d4a
-Will
'81 Rabbit 1.6D NA
'85 Westfalia Camper, Gasoline:(