In theory, can I run dirty WVO in my car?

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

In theory, can I run dirty WVO in my car?

Post by Guest »

If I filtered it to 5 microns and heated it before it left my tank, will my car run on it? Or is it necessary to wash it, heat it, prepare it, etc etc? Will all the disolved (profanity removed by moderator) in the WVO hurt my car?

The reason I ask is because I have a VW that is near death and I was wanting to see how long I could run it for free.

I have the complete set up. (Second tank, in-tank heater, fuel pre-heater on line, steel lines)
Ben

Post by Ben »

5 micron I would say is not dirty oil unless there is water in the oil as well. The only things that will kill your car with the oil is if you let water stay in the oil and go through the system, or you switch too soon to oil or accidently leave it on oil and kill the pump. I am running on gravity settled 10 micron filtered oil for almost 50,000 km and my 93 jetta stills runs fine with it. Now before I finish let me just say that every vw diesel engine has had a different past and been treated different, so in saying that I can't promise nothing would happen, but it sounds like you have little to lose.

Ben