Injector nozzles for WVO

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

RL
Cetane Booster

Injector nozzles for WVO

Post by RL »

I'm about to send my injectors off to get checked. If more than a few need new nozles, I'd like to go with some more suitable for WVO.
Any recommendations on nozzle part # size etc for an '86 turbo ( actually an '86 Volvo 2.4... but ...same thing basically)
Also pop pressure recommendation.
Thanks--------Robert
coke

Post by coke »

To my knowledge, you don't need any special "nozzles" to run WVO in your volkswagen.
RL
Cetane Booster

Post by RL »

I remember the Elsbett kits come with a different set of nozzles. I'm not going with a kit, But the setup I have is closest to the Elsbett setup
jkeiffer_gearhead
Turbo Charger

Post by jkeiffer_gearhead »

i think that some guys go with a little bit higher breaking pressure to spay a finer mist of veg oil, but i cannot clarify this

if you find out let me know
www.archeryprostaffmi.com
1985 GMC pickup 4x4 lift kit and runs 14.625 @ 91mph
1982 VW rabbit pickup 1.6L just rebuilt, 100mm cv's, 02A transmission
1997 Geo Tracker 1.9 TDI-M, variable gate turbo, Giles Pump
rtomlinson
Glow Plug

Post by rtomlinson »

I think I can mention the product I found here. I haven't bought this, just happened to have it open in my browser at the same time as reading this thread.

These guys have a specific WVO/SVO injector:
http://www.coloradobiodiesel.com/injectors/svo.html

They mention higher opening pressure. Costs a few bucks -- about 5 times as much as the rebuild injectors sold on this site. It might be interesting if it really improves WVO operation, though.
-- RobT
1985 Golf 1.6 NA
Northern Michigan
veggy ben
Glow Plug

Post by veggy ben »

IF you are on a one tank wvo setup then injectors might be of help, but in a two tank situation with the correct heat applied the regular injectors will be fine. That does not mean you should not have them checked to make sure they are working to spec, but don't think you need to spend mega money on WVO injectors or veggy injectors. These are probably just performance injectors, and any new injector on a car with 200,000+ km's will benfit from this.
Benjamin