Is my car Biodiesel ready?

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

runnysucklehose
Cetane Booster

Is my car Biodiesel ready?

Post by runnysucklehose »

The Rabbit i just bought is running on dino right now, but the seller told me that the guy that he got it from was running it on Biodiesel. The seller never really drove the car before he sold it to me.

I understand that the fuel lines in a stock 82 rabbit will turn to goo pretty fast running straight biodiesel so the question is, how can I tell if the fuel lines in this car are stock or if they are ready to run bio? Also is it worth replacing the existing fuel lines right now to run bio if I will be doing a WVO conversion in about two months? Bio is available at the punp in my town so I would like to start using it right now.

Does the 82 rabbit have anyother common problems, like rubber gasket issues, when switching over?

Thanks in advance, Joe
Charlie B
Cetane Booster

Post by Charlie B »

I would imagine if biodiesel was run it consistently before that all the lines have been changed. Not that its a big deal to do. You lucky dog you having a pump where you can buy biodiesel.
81 diesel Rabbit
Running on WVO