New conversion

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

surfcam
Turbo Charger

New conversion

Post by surfcam »

I come across a conversion this weekend that was a little different in a A2 Jetta. They used a 5 gallon gas can and mounted everything on the side. Fuel gage, two fuel lines and glycol heat loop. Right next to it was a VorMax 800 Heated Fuel Filter. These pricey little babies sell for 325 on Ebay. There making some pretty big claims for these units. I would be interested in talking to some uses. The only other heat he had was a 12V in line by valves and IP. All the lines run on the far right next to the passage seat. The lines go through the floor just below the heater fan. I was wondering if this was just a summer set-up. The dude that own this was no where around. I guess he did the conversion then found out the motor was bad. There was a new rebuilt motor lying on the floor so I quit circling and went to Subway. What's an old buzzard too do when they don't even leave you a scrap.

4BTA 3.9 Cummins Stepvan
86TD Golf
91TD Jetta