Burning Used Oil

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

rbacon
Glow Plug

Burning Used Oil

Post by rbacon »

This is a question for the guru's..If you can burn used cooking oil which has been cleaned up, can you burn other products like used engine oil, compressor oils etc? If they have been cleaned or centrifuged first?
buster0927
Glow Plug

Burning Waste Engine Oil

Post by buster0927 »

This has been done many times but it is NOT I repeat NOT advised as all the additives and toxic crap are then placed into our air via the tailpipe.
coke

Post by coke »

A friend of mine used a couple of quarts of used motor oil to get to the diesel station when he ran out of diesel in his big assed Caprice with a 5.7L Cadillac Diesel engine.

Diesel's will burn any combustable material, and since motor oil is combustable, it'll burn it. But like the aformentioned, not reccomended because of the toxic pollutents.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

bad gas

Post by Fatmobile »

Kinda off topic but I just got a gasser GLi that has sat for awhile and the fuel is bad.
... so I'm going to have some spare bad gas to get rid of. It shouldn't have any toxins... any more than usual anyway.
I just can't figure anything constructive to do with it so I might filter it and add small amounts to my diesel tank.