Fuel lines. sizes and materials. VW truck.

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

rabbitofdeath
Glow Plug

Fuel lines. sizes and materials. VW truck.

Post by rabbitofdeath »

The original inter-injector lines on my vw pickup are dead. one completely cracked in half. The problem now is, I am 250 miles away from the vehicle, and I can't pull a line to measure and order/pick up another one here, in civilization. soooo....since i am replacing a few lines, i figure i'll do the whole thing, since it badly needs it.

Does anyone have the correct sizes for fuel lines? (diameters, either inside or outside diameters, preferably...lengths would be cool, but i can guess a little more easily with that.)

) I am going to do the ones by the tank, and the ones under the hood as well. I am considering using viton as a replacement, but am open to less costly alternatives, if anyone knows of any. I would like to order whatever i have to by monday so I can have it next weekend when I can get back out to the truck.

I just simply can't drive 500 miles round trip to see how big the lines are, so i really need some help!!!!!
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

fuel lines

Post by Fatmobile »

The lines between the injectors are 1/8"
I use 1/4" air brake line... I think it's nylon.
rabbitofdeath
Glow Plug

Post by rabbitofdeath »

1/4" line for all the lines except the injectors?
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

fuel lines

Post by Fatmobile »

1/4" OD... 1/8" ID fuel lines between the injectors I use air brake line for these.
I use 1/4" vinyl tubing for fuel line going into the injection pump , from the filter.
This topic has been posted on here quite a few times before... a search should give you some detailed info.
rabbitofdeath
Glow Plug

Post by rabbitofdeath »

i have been searching, and i cant really find much as far as any specific info...
subiemech85
Turbo Charger

Post by subiemech85 »

air brake line and braided vinyl

the braded vinyl is also good for the radiator to tank hose

IIRC, 1/8" injector "leak off" lines, 1/4" braided vinyl for most everything else, 5/16" for bigger tank line
2/1985 greman build jetta diesel 1.6 IDI
odometer broken stopped at 212,300 for sale, $ 2,500
"chatterbox"

04/81 rabbit pickup 64,xxx miles
Slate Grey Metallic (LE6U)
WTB: liftkit