Just passed the 10,000 Mile Mark on WVO!!!

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

Clay01
Cetane Booster

Just passed the 10,000 Mile Mark on WVO!!!

Post by Clay01 »

And all is well. Car is 85 Golf 2 door with a Greasel conversion kit. By the way, I just picked up a 95 Ford Powerstroke to tow our 30' travel trailer and haul firewood...another candidate for a WVO conversion!!!.
Snedly
Diesel Freak

Post by Snedly »

That's great Clay! How often are you changing the wvo filter? Have you forgotten to flush before stopping? That's a fear I have with running grease.

I'm planning mine out right now and hope to start as soon as I pull a few irons from the fire so to speak.
1985 Golf diesel/4 door http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208145
1993 Honda Civic
2004 Honda Accord
1998 Chevy 2500 (HO 454)
Assorted campers and boats
Clay01
Cetane Booster

Post by Clay01 »

If your'e talking about the Racor filter that comes with the kit, I am still on the first one. I do a pretty good job of filtering and am very discriminating about what goes into the car. I did pull the filter back in April just to check and it looks as clear as it did the day it was installed last September. I only filter my oil at room temperature---If the oil isn't clear at 68 degrees F., it doesn't go through my filter bag or into my car. I'm getting quite a stockpile of oil. 64 gallons filtered and ready to go. The VW only uses about 6-7 gallons a week. No, I haven't forgotten to switch over.