For the biodiesel enthusiasts out there

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

mattbondy
Diesel Freak

For the biodiesel enthusiasts out there

Post by mattbondy »

1986 NA diesel Jetta
- future societies will mine for precious oil beneath my parking spot
Wolfsbur
Glow Plug

Post by Wolfsbur »

Cool!
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

Its a good thing they have heaters in the fuel system because it sure gets cold at 30000ft even in the summer time. I believe that turbines are way more tallerant to different types of fuels but theres more of the safety concerns with it. Break downs are crashes. One time we broke a fuel line on saper jet. It was a complete run away. So we got a fire truck to pump foam into the intake. It started shooting out green and red stuff out the tail pipe and ran for another 10 minutes. That foam use to be dead animals that form the foaming agent. What a stink.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/
duffer
Turbo Charger

Post by duffer »

That's offal :) .
Blue 1986 Golf N/A Bought it in '94. Never been on the road since.
Green 1991 Jetta TD. Bought it 6 months ago.
Hasn't been on the road since.
nysmketr
Glow Plug

Post by nysmketr »

surfcam wrote:Its a good thing they have heaters in the fuel system because it sure gets cold at 30000ft even in the summer time. I believe that turbines are way more tallerant to different types of fuels but theres more of the safety concerns with it. Break downs are crashes. One time we broke a fuel line on saper jet. It was a complete run away. So we got a fire truck to pump foam into the intake. It started shooting out green and red stuff out the tail pipe and ran for another 10 minutes. That foam use to be dead animals that form the foaming agent. What a stink.
Ahhhhhh, good old protein foam.

Bad news, the synthethic foam that replaced it smells almost as bad.