2004 TDI jetta wagon General Maintenance

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

sabianq

2004 TDI jetta wagon General Maintenance

Post by sabianq »

Hello,
I am a gear head who is a previous Saab owner and have converted, I bought a new car with less than 100 miles on it with the intention of keeping the car for a VERY long time. I am new to the TDI class of cars,
What do I need to do to keep the engine and drive train to keep it in top working condition for the next 400,000 miles or so?
what are the benefits of running ATF (automatic transmission fluid) through the engine? or is that just a myth?
Since I live in the states, the quality of fuel is low, and they are taking sulphur out of the diesel. Are there any suggestions for fuel additives?
Thank you for your input.
Brian

Maintenance

Post by Guest »

Two things, one never let the engine overheat. never let the engine get low in oil.
When I crank my car in the mornig I always wait at least few minutes before I drive off.
My Philosophy is to wait until the oil lubricates the valves . Remember you parked it last night and all the warm oil ran down to the oil pan.
Freezing cold in the mornig makes the oil thicker and takes few seconds to get up to the valves.