Wont start when engine is hot/ warm....

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

sambagis
Glow Plug

Wont start when engine is hot/ warm....

Post by sambagis »

Ive got a 99' TDI jetta. When I first purchased it 2 year ago I noticed this problem of not starting easily when hot. The dealer said it was the mass air flow sensor and replaced it. The problem stopped for about a month or so and started again. Recently its gotten worse. Any ideas?? Also need to replace the glowplug sensor, at least this is what he computer says. Could this be related, if so where can I find a CHEAP GP sensor?
Stephen Ambagis

Post by Guest »

Also check the coolant temp sensor.
veggy ben
Glow Plug

Fuel pump temp sensor

Post by veggy ben »

This sensor is found in the top of the fuel pump and could be the issue of the problem. The sensor is really cheap $20 I think, and can be done without a whole lot of effort. Of course you could try the dealership and see how much they would charge to do it. Also the glow plug relay, 109 I think, some issues with that one as well. There is an updated version, gray I think from the dealer, might be that as well.

Benjamin