vag com reset

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

juci

vag com reset

Post by juci »

Hi,
I need to have my check engine light reset, after having replaced glow-plugs and changed the brigde wiring harness to the plugs.
This is what the computer registered as the troubleshooting code.
I have tried disconnecting the + terminal on the battery, removed the fuses, disconnected both + and - cables. so far, nothing. I live in Los Angeles county, and was wondering if there's any one with the tool willing to reset my computer for a fee?
Thanks to all!
MayorDJQ
Diesel Freak

Post by MayorDJQ »

www.tdiclub.com has a list of VAG-COM users.
JUCI

VAG COM RESET

Post by JUCI »

DJ, your info is greatly appreciated. I didn't know the tool is priced moderately. I will be ordering.. I think is worthwhile having. It's one of those tools non-exempted from one's tool box.
Thanks and Merry Christmas!
JUCI

VAG COM RESET

Post by JUCI »

DJ, your info is greatly appreciated. I didn't know the tool is priced moderately. I will be ordering.. I think is worthwhile having. It's one of those tools non-exempted from one's tool box.
JUCI

VAG COM RESET

Post by JUCI »

Post by Guest »

It's good to have. You don't even need a high powered lap top to run it. I think mine is a PII 133mhz which I got for free. It was $99 to register the software and the plug was about $40 and another $10 for the serial cable.

The closest dealer to me charges $65 to plug in and reset because they claim they do a complete system scan, rather than just resetting and investing the indicated problem. So it's already paid for itself.