Tdi maintenance tips page

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

dieselworld
Glow Plug

Tdi maintenance tips page

Post by dieselworld »

From time to time I will take pics of different maintenance procedures that I think will help people. Take a look at my page. I am always adding to it as time allows.

Enjoy

http://dieselgiant.com/jetta_tdi_diesel ... ce_tip.htm
D.O.C.I. Doctor of Compression Ignition
WWW.DieselGiant.com

1998 Jetta Tdi 214k
1984 MB 200 D 260k
buieboy
Glow Plug

Post by buieboy »

Appreciate the tip, i will definitely give that a shot. Was wondering if you might be able to provide some info on Fuel injectors for a 99 Beetle TDI, i recently took them to be serviced and flushed, (last resort to hopefully eliminate excessive black smoke) anyhow when i went to put them back in i noticed that they werent seated at the same mark as when i took them out, they are probably about 2mm higher than before i took them out. Needless to say i cant get my car to start, it turns but wont fire, i checked all the lines for leaks, i am thinking that air is getting in under the injectors, i torqued the retainer bolts to the specs but it still puzzles me that they are going in as far as before. Any ideas.