fuel injectors

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

buieboy
Glow Plug

fuel injectors

Post by buieboy »

I recently had the injectors serviced on 99 TDI beetle, went to put them back in and now the vehicle wont start. You can see a ring around the injectors where they use to be seated and now i am about 2mm above that ring, i cant get the injectors to go down to the original position they were in. Do you think this could be causing air to get in and not allowing it to fire. I have checked the entire system and dont see any leaks, also does anyone know where i can get a diagram of the layout of hoses, i cant remember if the flexible hose coming off the pump goes to injector 1 or 4.........should have marked it but i didnt know it would take me a week to get my injectors back. appreciate any advice
canman
Cetane Booster

Post by canman »

one question I have to ask is, did remove tip gaskets from the head when you removed the injectors? that would cause the problem with the injectors not going down all the way and may reduce the compression enough that it won't start. I have never removed or installed tdi injectors but that is my first thought.

as for the return lines it shouldn't matter which side returns to the pump