Mechanical pump for TDI engine

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

Piper106
Cetane Booster

Mechanical pump for TDI engine

Post by Piper106 »

Jack

I see that vwdieselparts.com is offering a mechanical injection pump for people that want to run the TDI engines without the wiring, ECM, immobilizer issues, etc. I had some questions, and since there are probably other folks with the same questions, I figured I'd ask in an open forum.

I assume that you are taking the TDI camplate, the 10 mm or 11 mm plunger, and the delivery valves out of the TDI core pump, and swapping it into a mechanical pump body.

Can you tell us any more about what pump body you are using? Are you using the body and LDA from pumps originally installed on the VW 1.6L TD, Canadian 1.9L IDI TD code AAZ, Cummins 4BT, other? Or is that super top secret, you know, if you tell us, you have to kill us afterward.

Also if a customer supplied both a TDI core, and an acceptable mechanical pump core, what would the labor and incidental parts cost for the conversion?

Does the mechanical TDI pump come with the drive pulley or is that additional?

That is all I can think of for now.

Piper106
dirtytom
Glow Plug

Post by dirtytom »

I am also interested I am thinking about doing a mech pump on a tdi I am geting And would like to know what kind of pump set up you are using to decide if I want to stick with all tyhat electronic crap or use one of your pumps.
1.6D-Nut
Turbo Charger

Hey

Post by 1.6D-Nut »

Yes...Did you get an answer? I looked at the site and I cannot find the pump you mention that Jack sells. How much is it? Thanks!
Always 3-5 A1's on hand!
'84 TDI-M GTI w/ALH and VNT,in the works!
1.6D-Nut
Turbo Charger

Post by 1.6D-Nut »

Never mind...I found it. BTW............ viewtopic.php?p=28460
I just got a TDI engine.
Anyone got any DIY info on this topic? Links??
Always 3-5 A1's on hand!
1.6D-Nut
Turbo Charger

Post by 1.6D-Nut »

NE1???
Always 3-5 A1's on hand!