2000 TDI Golf info needed (cost, what to look for, etc.)

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

czar
Cetane Booster

2000 TDI Golf info needed (cost, what to look for, etc.)

Post by czar »

Hi,

I'm a poster in the "regular" diesel forums and I just put a diesel rabbit ('81) back together and then installed a greasecar kit. That was really successful, and now I'd like to move up to a TDI. I've been searching for awhile, but they are expensive and hard to come by, but I just found a 2000 Golf TDI GLS fully loaded near my house. It has around 100k on the clock. Let's assume it's in "clean" condition. I'm going to go look at it tomorrow (I hope).

What should I expect to pay for it? I checked Edmunds, KBB, and NADA, but their prices are not in line with what they seem to be selling for in the marketplace (the book prices seem lower). What do you guys think would be a reasonable price?

Also, are there any things to look for on these? It just had a timing belt. It's a Brazil VIN, not sure if that matters.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Czar