TDI Power loss - A3 No VNT

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

wooddashman.com
Glow Plug

TDI Power loss - A3 No VNT

Post by wooddashman.com »

This is a reply to an earler post. Still trying to get some help with this.

I have been have sporadic turbo boost issues. After a trip of 150 miles plus the turbo will once again work fine for about 5 days. Than will once again die until the next long haul. Any ideas as to what may be causing this issue? :?

I dropped the turbo last week finally, only to learn that this version does not have the VNT, but rather a wastegate system. Took on a long drive Thursday evening. Have virtually no boost at all now. Top speed about 70 mph. returned saturday on the same 200 mile trip and had a top speed of about 78 mph with a little more power and possibly some boost. Still hear a relay click out and stop the turbo assistance. Any ideas as to what to do now. While the turbo was out of the car, I did notice that the turbine on the exhaust side was complety free wheeling, whereas the intake side had a little more resistance to it. But no sign of bearing issues.
:(