Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

Fatmobile
Global Moderator

On ebay: Rabbit in Iowa

Post by Fatmobile »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Volkswag ... 3919QQrdZ1
This belongs to a friend of mine. He dropped an engine and a car off in my yard. It's one of the 5 cars I brought back to life last year.
I went through the engine and put it in his car. Yeah right, he cleaned it ha. I cleaned the 1/4" of crap off it, ha.
Along with the new timing belt, is a new tensioner, I-shaft and cam seals. New outermost intermediate shaft bearing, inner looked fine. Along with a new passenger side motor mount bushing.
Clutch looked new but I changed the push rod tube seal, trany front seal and rear crank seal while I was in there.
That's how I do the fuel lines, with pieces of rubber hose over parts that rub on something. You can't see it but I slid rubber hose over the ends of the fuel lines instead of hose clamps.
I got it all together and running ... then saw the tell-tale bubbles in the stream going into the coolant resevoir.
He changed the head gasket.
The vacuum pump bushing was looking bad so I told him about the bushing and how to swap it. That's what he means by the vacuum pump shaft bearing.
Alex is a great guy. Last year I went to the stock car races and saw him win in the hornet class with a turbo eclipse. No one even came close to keeping up with him.
He's got another parts Rabbit (broken timing belt, 12mm headbolt engine)that he's going to scrap soon so if you need any parts give him a call.
Tell him Craig sent ya. :lol: