How to bleed the clutch

Moderator: Fatmobile

diesel dunk
Cetane Booster

How to bleed the clutch

Post by diesel dunk »

I have recently had the starter out of my vanagon and the clutch now doesn't seem as good - I think the clutch slave is connected to the starter, as I moved something that looked like a hydraulic cylinder to get at the starter - can I bleed this anywhere, as it may have got some air in the lines - not sure how though. Any thoughts. I have a brake bleeding kit..
libbybapa
Turbo Charger

Post by libbybapa »

Yup, you can bleed it like the brakes. Pump, pump, pump, pump and hold... The nipple is on the top of the cylinder. I'm not quite sure how you would have gotten air in it though. Are you sure it is mounted correctly?

Andrew
diesel dunk
Cetane Booster

Post by diesel dunk »

yeah - I'm a bit worried that I might have broken a union or something, 'cos I had to move it quite a lot to get the starter out, and the pedal doesn't feel spongy, it feels the same as it was, but the gears crunch a bit - not much, but it is definately different than b4.
stopping
Diesel Freak

bracket

Post by stopping »

hello

There is a bracket for the clutch that is heald by the dr-side bolt.
-Must be right torque
There is a circlip on the relay arm that goes in to the bellhousing.
-must be in place

Kink in the pipe?

You can try bleeding the clutch (bleeder on top of slave cyl) but never have I found air shooting out. How did you get air in there? Is there no sign of leaks?

Steve