WTB: 1.6D Non-A/C alternator bracket

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

tylernt
Turbo Charger

WTB: 1.6D Non-A/C alternator bracket

Post by tylernt »

I'm removing the A/C from my 1.6D, and would like to get the proper non-A/C alternator bracket and tensioning arm. My car is N/A but I imagine the TD bracket is probably the same. Come to think of it, the 1.5D bracket will probably also fit.

Offering $50... thanks.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

alternator bracket

Post by Fatmobile »

The steel 1.5 bracket matches with the injection pump bracket.
You might be able to drill a hole in the 1.6 IP bracket so they will bolt together but I really don't know about htta.
Otherwise vwpieces has a new non-AC alternator 1.5 bracket but I don't think the adjuster bar is with it. No smaller upper bracket needed with the 1.5 alternator bracket.
At least last time I checked he still had one.
tylernt
Turbo Charger

Re: alternator bracket

Post by tylernt »

Fatmobile wrote: Otherwise vwpieces has a new non-AC alternator 1.5 bracket but I don't think the adjuster bar is with it. No smaller upper bracket needed with the 1.5 alternator bracket.
At least last time I checked he still had one.
Thanks for the tip Fatmobile. Like 5 minutes after I posted this here, I saw his listing on VWVortex, oops. :oops: I'm working with him to get his bracket, but I still need the adjuster arm and I'd like a spare bracket as well (they seem to be rare!). So my offer still stands to anyone else reading this...
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

non_AC alternator

Post by Fatmobile »

Don't throw away your AC bracket.
I'm working on using one to convert to 90 amp non-AC.
I'm trying it using an AC alternator and a couple adjuster brackets that I found in my pile of stuff. I've been doing a little grinding to get it closer to the block and it's looking good.
I still need to figure out what pully to use and what belt will work with it.
tylernt
Turbo Charger

Post by tylernt »

Seems like I heard of somebody putting in a non-A/C alt, mounting it to the A/C bracket, and then custom fabricating an adjuster arm that attached to the lower A/C bolt hole (using a spacer). I'm not sure how you can get the A/C-style alt much closer to the engine even with grinding, so I'll be interested to see what you cook up.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

alternator bracket

Post by Fatmobile »

yeah that was viperkeeper ...or something close to that.
He sent me a picture.
I was going to trim it down and try to post it but it wasn't jpg and my software didn't know how to deal with it.
I'll try to post it without trimming the unneeded part.
I'll take a couple pics of what I'm working on when I got out for some wood.
Hibernating today, waiting for the cold spell to pass.