Bosch VE pump manual download

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

steve
Turbo Charger

Bosch VE pump manual download

Post by steve »

I just found this and is looks rather useful if you want to get into the nitty gritty of the bosch VE injection pump. It's 6mb.

http://www.canadubs.com/friends/BoschFu ... ypeVE2.pdf
1984 VW Quantum 1.6 TD 470,000 miles
2003 Jetta TDI 95K
Brit101
Diesel Freak

Post by Brit101 »

Super, thanks for sharing Steve!
jkeiffer_gearhead
Turbo Charger

Post by jkeiffer_gearhead »

thanks steve for actually posting it, the last person i sent it to to post it never did so.

later
Justin
www.archeryprostaffmi.com
1985 GMC pickup 4x4 lift kit and runs 14.625 @ 91mph
1982 VW rabbit pickup 1.6L just rebuilt, 100mm cv's, 02A transmission
1997 Geo Tracker 1.9 TDI-M, variable gate turbo, Giles Pump
steve
Turbo Charger

Post by steve »

well, :oops: I just stumbled on it on the internet and so I just shared the link to it. I'm not internet savvy enough to know how to or where to actually host it myself. I like sharing potentially useful info. Now if I could just download me a new Jetta... that would be a good post :twisted:
2003 Jetta TDI 95K
jkeiffer_gearhead
Turbo Charger

Post by jkeiffer_gearhead »

sorry i though you were the guy that i sent it to, on another forum and thats the website that he used to host it, sorry for the confusion
www.archeryprostaffmi.com
1985 GMC pickup 4x4 lift kit and runs 14.625 @ 91mph
1982 VW rabbit pickup 1.6L just rebuilt, 100mm cv's, 02A transmission
1997 Geo Tracker 1.9 TDI-M, variable gate turbo, Giles Pump
JRM
Turbo Charger

Post by JRM »

that rocks, very nice find!
90' Toyota X cab 4x4
02' Honda civic
85' VW Golf Diesel Project
95' dodge 12v cummins
13' VW Passat TDI DSG
mrbfh
Glow Plug

Post by mrbfh »

Very useful, Steve. Thanks for posting!
1982 VW Rabbit 2-dr, 1.6 NA,4-speed
Harry
Turbo Charger

Post by Harry »

Thanks Steve. Comes at a time I really need it. One of my pumps has leaks.
Screwy Rabbit
Glow Plug

VE IP

Post by Screwy Rabbit »

I read through this manual, and it really made me think. It made me think that if the IP ever quits, there will be no fixing it. Who works on these things ? How much is a rebuilt pump? How can something this coplicated with that many moving parts hold up for so long? It's just amazing. Do you think it was reverse engineered from something found in Roswell, NM?
Rock & Roll is better than music.
sideburns
Turbo Charger

Post by sideburns »

these pumps are a great integrated design compared to a lot of the bigger ones which you have to hand prime and have governors bolted on. i had 850,000 KM on mine without a problem!
steve
Turbo Charger

Post by steve »

For the amount of engineering and detailed machining inside they really are quite a bargain considering their working life.
2003 Jetta TDI 95K
Asymtave
Diesel Freak

Post by Asymtave »

I agree with the last few comments. I took my original pump (about 150,000 miles I think) apart to replace the seals and bushings. Absolutely clean and only the most minor of "wear." Basically it was just polished a little bit where the moving parts meet.

Reverse engineered from alien technology? You would swear so after taking one apart. This was the result of German engineering at it's finest. Just complex enough to get the job done and absolutely bulletproof. I think that excessive water is the only thing that will kill one of these pumps.

I think it's also important to use a quality fuel additive every tank to make up for continous changes to the diesel fuel supply. This is just my opinion, but consider that these pumps were designed for 1970's fuel.

This manual is great but I would still like to see tuning specifications and torque values. The search continues.

Eric
81 Pickup
91 Eco Jetta
Op-Ivy
Turbo Charger

Post by Op-Ivy »

Link that Steve posted does not work anymore.

Alternate link: http://www.filespider.info/file.php?fil ... 6c9d08268d

-Matt
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

BOSCH VE pumps ---EH ?

Post by hagar »

Bosch -- and other VE --Pumps ? ---keeping hagar out of this "Furball" ? not a chance. -----EH ?.

WHY ? ---did hagar dive --right in ? to get a handle on these pumps ? a quote for a NEW pump from Capilano VW ---Vancouver BC Kanada ---for my 1982 VW 1.6L NA ----yes NO clerical error ---- 5000.00 dollars Kanadian. ---PLUS Taxes.-----hagar rolled up his sleeves ---and Mother look at your Son Now ? EH ?.

Gotta love those Bosch 107A type pumps --EH? -----I have thanked Gary Bangs ---Florida Amerika ----many times ----BUT I say Gary Bangs ---thank you ----.

Professor Gary Bangs ---look at your student NOW 2007 ? EH ? ---- you did NOT waste time on hagar.

hagar.
A1-2-A3
Turbo Charger

Post by A1-2-A3 »

So where do I go to see this manual? I would print it as soon as I see it!
The problem is the Link does not work! Any one know where to go to get it to work? I have searched for days for something like that,, and always have been on my own when it comes to pump fixing, very hard to find any info on the web! Pictures are worth to me more then words about,
"Oh you just take this and hit it with that and out it comes and your ready for action" Thats the kinda response a guy gets, and for myself it don't go that far. Especailly if your dohicky is a whatchamadingle in my world! :x

Anyways, if anyone could direct the VW diesel people to the Pdf manual for Bosch VE pump rebuilding...parts diagram breakdown...place to order parts....special tools, it would be nice of ya. (its asking very much of anyone, but any of this would be of great help to anyone!!) 8) 8) 8)
Because for us we don't leave anything for the experts we become the experts!! :P :P :P :P At least try to be! :roll:

Thanks in advance!!! :P

Paul