Parts swapping?

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

lyeinyoureye
Turbo Charger

Parts swapping?

Post by lyeinyoureye »

I was thinking, it'd be really nifty if we started a parts swapping sticky (stuff that wouldn't impinge on Jack's business, or maybe even cores for those that need 'em). Something where people can request (potentially expensive) parts and those of us who happen to have them, or can get them for pretty cheap (junk yards/swap meets/whatever) would pick them up and send them to those that need 'em 'at cost'/'for trade'. We could even post up how much different parts cost at different junk yards for comparison, etc...
:)?
jettaman8691
Diesel Freak

Parts swapping

Post by jettaman8691 »

I like it! Just as long as it would not interfere with Jack's business, that is. If we stay away from the engine stuff, we should be okay, but it is imperative that we do not take business away from the Jack in any way. Perhaps this is something that Jack could give his blessing to before it would be started?
coke

Post by coke »

Jack is extremeley busy. He's building 100+ 1.6L NA motors, and now does the TDI motors up to 2003, so this will be something that Fatmobile and myself will conquer. I'll send him a PM and get his input.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

parts

Post by Fatmobile »

As long as they are used parts, I don't think Jack will mind.
Used parts don't dig into Jack's business much.
Even an occasional new part that someone has no use for would be fair game.
It's the new parts in bulk that we would have to avoid.
I've thought of putting together "The great valve shim disc swap" so I can get rid of some of my many extras and fill in some of the near empty holes. First I'd need to do inventory.