Wanted, injection line Audi 5000 diesel

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

itzdshtz
Glow Plug

Wanted, injection line Audi 5000 diesel

Post by itzdshtz »

Hi, I am looking for a #1 cyl. injection line, or complete set of lines, (injectors to pump) for an Audi 5000 diesel. Let me know what you have.

Herman
coke

Post by coke »

Year of car, and size of engine would be helpful. Though I'm almost sure the audi 5000 used a 1.6L VW engine. Therefore, any lines from a 1.6L VW Diesel should work, if you are a 4 cylinder 1.6 diesel that is.
itzdshtz
Glow Plug

Post by itzdshtz »

Sorry, it is a 5 cyl. engine. All the lines are different from a 4 cyl. because the injection pump fits on the back end of the block.
coke

Post by coke »

Have you tried eBay?
itzdshtz
Glow Plug

Post by itzdshtz »

I watch Ebay every day, nothing on inj. lines so far.
MayorDJQ
Diesel Freak

Post by MayorDJQ »

PM sent.
itzdshtz
Glow Plug

Post by itzdshtz »

MayorDJQ,Thanks for your help, I will phone and ask if they still have some parts.

Also I would like to reply to a message that I got and lost about availability of an Audi 5 cyl TD engine.

These engines are getting hard to find, I bought one in Olympia, WA and a second one in Portland OR.
Both engines were advertised on Craigslist, so this would be a good place to start looking.

Be prepared for a rebuild, usually they are high mileage. Pull the cyl. head before you buy and check for cracks into the pre-chamber area.( small cracks between the valves are normal)
Used cyl. heads are really hard to find.

Hope this was helpful, Herman
Andrew
Cetane Booster

Post by Andrew »

Thanks for the info... From what i have read, I am assuming a 1.6 will not bolt to Quantum Syncro tranny. Is this true? How hard to modify? Worth the effort?

Andrew
'91 Eco, '91 n/a jetta, '81 n/a jetta coupe, '81 n/a caddy, '77 n/a rabbit
MayorDJQ
Diesel Freak

Post by MayorDJQ »

The 1.6 will bolt directly to a Quantum transmission, but you'll have to change several brackets, the IP brackey, the exhaust manifold, oil pump, and possibly the oil pan. It's a lot of work, but it can be done.
MayorDJQ
Diesel Freak

Post by MayorDJQ »

Any luck finding the injector line?