Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

stopping
Diesel Freak

Post by stopping »

hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

In 1954 did hagar do a few --doodles in Georgia Amerika ? ---sure did.

I live in the land of GREEN ---Douglas fir all around. ---did I dangle with the people in the WHITE --in 1957 ? --they made houses out of snow . ---BUT they were by far the friendliest people I ever met.---They smiled and smiled and smiled some more.---NEVER a frown.

Give them a Diesel snowmobile ---? EH ? --whale-oil for lube and fuel ? ---thems are smart buggers ---IMHO ----would they get started at 50 below ? --you bet your Georgia Peanut Oils.
I always wanted to meet their counterpoise the little "Bushman of the outback" --ah that will never happen.----BUT my first impression of Gorgeous Georgia ? ---the colors the Magnolias the Spanish Moss the Fireflies.---But I still hate that --GRIT ? some kind of corn cake ?.---NOW Southern Fried Chicken ? --now we are talking --Turkey ? --EH ?----.

The Holy Grail for Rabbit Diesels ? 107 A --Bosch.---read all the postings by Andrew in Flagstaff AZ ---after that you are in good company.---read my lips.

hagar.

PS : reading this WHOLE post ? ---WOW..--after that you are ready for ANYTHING.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

2000 HP ? on Peanut Oil --and a blistering 97 MPH --? ---NOT Peanuts just plain
NUTS. ---------IMHO.

I have to consult Professor . Rudolf Diesel ---on this one.

Above is from TV KTLA---this morning. --- and hagar is testing Peanut oil --Go
figure --EH ?

My favorite cartoon ? what else ? " Peanuts " --- I am doing Freedom Fries right
now ---Idaho Russets in --what do you think ? --EH ? ---Peanut Oil from Kina
China) ----found out that Kina is the biggest producer in the world.---. Skippy butter
is my brand ---I like the sugar.

Spanish Peanuts and beer ? --jepper. and a salt shaker. --Thems were my days in Texas

Did Rudolf Diesel REALLY run his engine in Paris on Peanut Oil ? ---I shall find out.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

M*A*S*H ---does hagar like that show ?----I do I do I do-. I saw the REAL black
and white movies from Korea. ---there was soldiers fainting --just from watching.

The guy dumped a Micro on my doorstep --is it cooking ? --you bet. ----Those of you knowledgeable in the ways of "Magnetrons" ---Ovens used to be called Radar Ovens.----.

Now what gets a guy a 20 dollar Rabbit ? ----same as what got hagar a FREE --spotless Nuker for FREE. ----lack of smarts.---it still has the plastic shipping cover on. ---Trade name ? " Inglish" made in Osaka Japan in 1985 600 Watts about 2500 MHz ---a thing of beauty..

So what went wrong with the NUKER ? ---someone opened the door with the Magnetron ON.---and the fuse blew. ---that is a safety device ---to prevent your wife from glowing in the dark.
As a flyboy I found out that the Ruskie Foxbat had a Rader so powerfull that it killed Rabbits on the runway. ---disgusting.----EH ?.
Lenora dumped a FREE Partswasher --EH ---Dishwasher --Maytag. ---Sigrid dumped a Range --- good for all kinds of jobs. ----Inge and Janice and all kinds of VOLKS ---dump stuff at hagars ---rather than paying tipping fee FEE at municipal dump.
Everything from Soup to Nuts. ----a blessing ? --I would say so. ----yes fuel for Miss.Bunny Bondo too.---OH LORD why ---? why ME ?.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

To analyse the conductivity of materials exposed to alternating electric fields, it is
necessary to treat conductivity as a complex number (or as a matrix of complex numbers, in
the case of anisotropic materials mentioned above) called the admittivity.

hagar would have liked UNIVERSITY ---that was not to be -.

I talked to Shell Oil Kanada again about 15 ppm. here is what they fed me.

MINIMUM 25 Pico Siemens --conductivity ? Minimum ? --I am going to question that.---NO maximum ? ---They said NO.
OK you smart guys --help us out ? ---EH ?

hagar.

PS : the top part was from Wikipedia.
stopping
Diesel Freak

Post by stopping »

Well I found this interesting morsel

"find in page" at this site -"Pico"
http://www.purgit.com/static.html

Tank barge TT 103 exploded and sank while loading gasoline at the pier. The NTSB concluded that the probable cause of the explosion was turbulence due to the high initial loading rate of the highly volatile, low conductivity gasoline and the possible contamination of the cargo with diesel fuel, an excellent static accumulator with very low conductivity. The source of the incendive spark could not be determined, although vessel structure or a foreign, conductive object in the tank were suspected (11].

....Sheet lightning in a fuel barge due to the accumulation of static in diesel.... how can this be?

Here is where you can buy the test instructions for conductivity of fuels.
http://webstore.ansi.org/ansidocstore/p ... %282005%29

Accumulator oils are defined as having a conductivity of less than 50 pS/m; these oils relax (dissipate charge) slowly. (from same page)

Hey does this thing thing have a spell checker now? (or is it my browser)
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

Thank you Steve Stopping ----see my problems ? --to get the procedure sheets ? --PAY ,PAY and Pay again.

For the Newbies ? --NO need to know. -- All you need is Lubricity , Cetane , Cloud Point and Viscosity.

Meanwhile hagar the Fanatic --carries on and on till death. ---- Saul gave me some links to the sheets ---and I am still reading.-------The most difficult Test ? --for big oil ? Cetane. .WHY ? it is costly.

hagar.
redprimer
Cetane Booster

Post by redprimer »

years ago I was waiting to fuel (diesel) at a marina and while waiting watched the attendant fuel the other boats for gassers he would attach an aligator clamp to the fuel entry before shoving the nozzle in. I asked him about it and he said that at high flow rates he'd seen the fast moving air escaping around the nozzle build up a static charge and that with rubber hosing in the fill line for vibration isolation and fillers mounted in fiberglass panels he wasn't going to trust "a sunshine sailor's" idea of adequate grounding.
bwv
Diesel Freak

Post by bwv »

seth wrote:Craft stores sell parowax for candles but they arn't 100% and they have differnt melting points. .
If you go to eBay and search on Parowax, you will find one auction that was offering a box of it. I use a product called GulfWax, a household parrafin wax, which comes in 4 bars in a small box weighing 16 ounces. It costs a couple of dollars at a local grocery store.

Tonite I started using a heating pad to melt the wax/diesel combination in a glass jar, but then decided to try an old double boiler (take a large pot of boiling water and place in it a smaller pot filled with a half cup of diesel and the blocks of wax; make sure the bottom one inch or so of the smaller pot is covered by the boiling water). I find that it is faster than a microwave; 16 ounces of wax melted in about 5 minutes to a clear liquid, which I poured into about 2 gallons of diesel, which I then shook up to mix and poured into my fuel tank (which has about 10 gallons in it at the moment). I will top off the tank tomorrow with diesel, and see whether my mileage improves (its gone from the low 50s to the low 40s in the last several months).
Image_________Image__________Image
__1986 [A2] Golf 1.6L, 170,000_____1988 F250, 7.3 Navistar, 197k_____1984 Ford 1510 diesel, 2222 hours
stopping
Diesel Freak

Post by stopping »

hello Hagar

This is getting warm
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/7122070.html
lyeinyoureye
Turbo Charger

Post by lyeinyoureye »

So, what happens when we move a fuel/lube that has the potential to generate god knows what kind of static charge through a metal injection pump? Is this why seals are poppin? Can paraffin wax limit the size of this charge? :?:
bwv
Diesel Freak

Re: Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by bwv »

hagar wrote:at 0 F --- hagar stops using ParoWax all together ---from 0 F to 100 below I use Shell 120 Av oil. ---NON dispersant. ---ExxonMobil --is unable to supply 120 --the best they can do is 100 ----it is OK just use a pinch more.
Hello Hagar... Perhaps you can shed some light on this for me. I understand from a friend in the aviation business that 120 weight AV oil is the same as 60 weight oil for cars and trucks; the number is simply doubled in the aviation world. So 100 wt = 50 wt, and 80wt = 40 wt.

I know that 30wt straight mineral oil is readily available in most auto parts stores... If you look hard enough -- say, a petroleum distributor -- you can probably get straight 60wt oil.

Cost aside, is it advisable to use these oils, instead of the AV oil? (I've checked around a few airports and the parts departments there tell me that because of low demand, no one stocks Shell 120 AV non-dispersant anymore -- I found one fellow who can sell me 4 gallons of Shell 120 but it has dispersants in it, which I am guessing are not good for our fuel systems.)

And one last question please: Around the middle of page 3 of this thread you wrote about Bunny Bondo:
Tire pressure ? 100 psi -----lube ? 5 weight syn. max speed ? about 50 Kmt. ---Kmh ?
What are your actual tire pressure and max speed?

Thanks for your thoughts
__1986 [A2] Golf 1.6L, 170,000_____1988 F250, 7.3 Navistar, 197k_____1984 Ford 1510 diesel, 2222 hours
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

" Oil for the lamps of Kina " (China) ? --NO Lamp Oils for the lamps of
Amerika --that's what was cooking in hagars kitchen this morning.

Found a bottle in a cup-board ---sat there since 1990 about. ---Got it in Seattle
WA---from ERNST ---0.946 Litre for 2.83 dollar Amerikan. --it is made in Memphis
--by W.M.Barr and Co . Inc. --Ultra Refined ---sure smells nice . Will I feed it to
Miss Bunny Bondo ? ---NO way. ---would she like IT --? absolutely.
I followed the talk about Paraffin Oils and Rabbits. --IMHO all the Paraffin fractions
make for GOOD Rabbit feed. ----That group covers a wide range if Viscosity and so on.
They are called Slack Waxes and White oils and Process oils.----Top of that line ?
ParoWax (ESSO) or any product in that line regardles of make (I think) GULF or
Shewron or Shell or whatever.--If found in FOOD section ? ---I will use it anytime .
Good feed and good Lubricant , are NOT the same.---Kerosene (Kerosine?) is good feed but
BAD lubricant. ---ParoWax ? good feed and EXCELLENT lubricant ---hagars choice.

hagar.
bwv
Diesel Freak

mineral oil

Post by bwv »

I did a little research on Wikipedia about white oils and came up with the following information about liquid paraffins, which apparently includes mineral oil you can buy at the grocery store. From what I can deduce, mineral oil is essentially Parowax in liquid form. I am looking for a liquid replacement for Parowax for the winter. Mineral oil has not additives to speak of, so it might/might be a good substitute for the far more expensive Aviation oil. Testing will be required to determine whether this is correct as I have not yet used mineral oil. (Hagar, have you ever tested it??) However, if it is pure enough to be ingested by human beings, it must be safe enough for our precious fuel systems.

Begin text from Wikipedia:

Paraffin is a common name for a group of alkane hydrocarbons with the general formula CnH2n+2, where n is greater than about 20, discovered by Carl Reichenbach. It is distinct from the fuel known in Britain as paraffin oil or just paraffin, which is called kerosene in American English. Usage of the term varies in other countries, leading to confusion about which substance is being referred to.

The solid forms of paraffin are called paraffin wax. Paraffin is also a technical name for an alkane in general, but in most cases it refers specifically to a linear, or normal alkane, while branched, or isoalkane are also called isoparaffins. The name is derived from the Latin parum (= barely) + affinis with the meaning here of "lacking affinity", or "lacking reactivity").

Physical and chemical properties

It is mostly found as a white, odorless, tasteless, waxy solid, with a typical melting point between about 47 °C and 65 °C. It is insoluble in water, but soluble in ether, benzene, and certain esters. Paraffin is unaffected by most common chemical reagents, but burns readily.

Pure paraffin is an extremely good electrical insulator, with a electrical resistivity of 1017 ohm meter. This is better than nearly all other materials except some plastics (notably teflon).

Liquid paraffin has a number of names, including nujol, mineral spirits, adepsine oil, alboline, glymol, liquid paraffin, medicinal paraffin, saxol, or USP mineral oil. Liquid paraffin is excellent for helping bowel movement in persons suffering chronic constipation.

Mineral oil or liquid petrolatum is a by-product in the distillation of petroleum to produce gasoline. It is a chemically inert, transparent, colorless oil composed mainly of alkanes and cyclic paraffins, related to white petrolatum. Mineral oil is a substance of relatively low value, and it is produced in very large quantities. Mineral oil is available in light and heavy grades, and can often be found in drug stores.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

From "Hindenburgs" diesels --(BMW ?) to Miss.Bunny Bondos "Jewel" of a diesel a masterpiece of German ingenuity --combined with Amerikan ingenuity (Garrett Turbo) and a BODY --Italian style ? you still wonder why hagar is so excited ?
For testing crazy fuels ? ---Bondo ? --NO way. ---Miss Bunny Klunk---1.6 L NA and two 1.5 L NA for that.
Will a Rabbit run on " VIRGIN " Olive Oil ? --YES but -don't --That is like feeding your " Marmaduke" --the great Dane Ruskie Caviar.

If Laughter is Medicine ? --- hagar has overdosed for years . ----watch out it is contagious.----after I met Louanne from Seattle WA it got totally out of control.---That was one funny Lady.----Bless her soul up there.

Years ago I promised Loren in Seattle that I would test Toluene (aromatic) as a Rabbit feed conditioner. --After soaking BOSCH seals in Toluene --I promise I will NEVER do that testing.

hagar.

PS : What does the word "OIL " really mean in Amerikan ?.----by the way I test my gas masks with "Banana" Oil. and as a kid in København --there was NO way of escaping that BIG tablespoon of Codliver Oil every day.----us kids hated that stuff.----BUT it was a Skanderhoovian tradition.---like the Bamboo on the bottom.