gasser fuel lines

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

canman
Cetane Booster

gasser fuel lines

Post by canman »

first off let me expain my situaion, I have a 91 passat 1.6 td,,, (cogs start rolling) oh yeah did i mention that the passat didn't have a diesel till the 1.9 came out 92/93 ish. thats right. some shmoe put a 1.6 and tranny in a gasser pasat, (hardest part I'v found is the cv shafts, buy thats another post if someone wants)
anyway now towards the question!
the gaser fuel lines, corect me if I am wrong, are not made from rubber? will they work with bio? what are they made of?
as for now I'll just let them rot, if they will. i'll worry about that later
vegitarian 1991 passat 1.6 td
cold little 91 golf "no vegies in winter"
79dieselbunny
Cetane Booster

Post by 79dieselbunny »

Everything I've read indicates that most manufacturers did not start using rubber that would compatible with bio until about 1993 or so. So yeah, they may, or may not start weeping, which means I have been no help at all!
1979 4d, 531,000 miles and counting! 1.6 NA
BlueDog
Turbo Charger

fuel lines

Post by BlueDog »

So canman, how did this idea work out for you? I'm at this same stage in my conversion that you were at back in April. Do the plastic fuel lines hold up to biodiesel? Can I replace just the black neoprene/rubber hoses and be fine? Thanks, Ed