Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

hagars Rabbit SAGA : -----survival ? --in the snow at 40 below ? --will hagar and passengers survive ? ---- you ---? --bet your last Santas Butt. Beer.
I passed my final exam in coke country about 1960 -- state of Maine Amerika --I near died.---in the snow close to the Saint Johns river --border to Kanada.. --I risked my life for that Trophy Buck --he survived too.
What really saved my life ? ..A black leather jacket that I bought in James Hansen land.--Horsehide Lamb wool lining and some really soft fur collar.
SO ? what does THIS have to do with Rabbits ? ---everything. --my 303 Lee Enfield would have fired if I had used --DRY moly lube , rather than military surplus gun oil --to make sure the Rabbit starter works ? --dry moly and LOTS of it.
Northern Maine in winter ? --a winter wonderland in my memories.
I write this because I do not want to read another --news story about a family freeze to death in a Car ---due to simple IGNORANCE. --and especially not in a RABBIT.

hagar.

PS : more on this before you guys take the family in the Rabbit for Turkey dinner at Grannies.
FineFrank
Turbo Charger

Aeroshell 120

Post by FineFrank »

Hagar,
I thought I saw a post about you getting some Aeroshell 120w and it being the wrong stuff- am I correct? I'm ready to order a case of Aeroshell 120 mineral oil and I'd like to confirm it's correct.

BTW- I'll have some for sale when I get it.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

hagars fantasy -- going to Seattle WA for Turkey on the week of Christmas 2006 ---hagar and Fraulein Bunny Bondo.--- to see The old battle AX ? ---Lucy Barmore nee Toko. and the outlaws Ralkowskies and Sheltons --and so on.---This is about survival.
Fraulein Bunny Bondo --never got there ? ---WHY ? no fuel ? a mechanical problem ? ---NO NO NO.
When they find Fraulein Bunny Bondo ---and they will . it was a Stroke or Heart attack---read my lips .--BUT that is not important --(for you) ---what they found in the trunk is important.(for you)
4 packs of ParoWax , 3 Ziplock bags full of fine "Bulldog" steel wool and 4 cans of Pedigree Dog food-- and a super jumper cable --And an Arctic Mummy sleeping bag. ---Eider Down ---you bet.
--was it a Blacks of Greenoch ?---so hagar did NOT freeze to death.---they will see a smile on my frozen lips.---WHY ? I lived my Rabbit dream and I died in a Rabbit. --- hey Andrew in Flagstaff take the tiller --EH ?.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

FineFrank ----Casper Wyoming and ALL : --- I have NO memories about Wyoming --BUT I have lots of Hollywood stuff from there ---and as you all know I like the wild stuff more than the BIG APPLE ---not to say that I did not have FUN in the big apple ?--EH ? I did. ---and about the Shell Oil 120 with NO dispersant ? ---it is a problem ....just had a call from Fancy Nancy at Columbia Fuels (Shell oil) --and she told me that She could not supply 120 NO dispersant - in small quantities.---Drums only.----SO ? FineFrank --and all --use the 120 W single grade . --Remember I am here to say what I use , NOT to tell you guys what to use.---Yes we --eh Fraulein Bunny Bondo and hagar ? --yes we would use it. ----hagar only ordered it to test it for you guys in the frost belt ---we do not need it --underline NEED.----ParoWax is just fine here.

hagar.

PS : hope they find that guy in Oregon in fine shape. --he should have stayed with the car. ------storm claimed 23 death ? ---smarten up you guys.
FineFrank
Turbo Charger

Oil

Post by FineFrank »

Hagar,
My local supplier can get non dispersant 120 Aeroshell from his distributer in quarts, so I'm thinking I'll order it. Am I right in ordering the Aeroshell 120 mineral oil (no dispersant)?

Or should I order the Aeroshell w120 (dispersant)?
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

I hereby accuse James Kim of irresponsible ignorance and incompetence --in leaving his family in Oregon in the snowbound car.--This has to do with Rabbits and hagars SAGA ? it sure has.

I spend many hours trying to tell Rabbit owners, the "ART" or skill of survival in WINTER.----so ? do not take your family on the road at Christmas -without survival equipment.---if your kids die ? --I will NEVER forgive you ---READ MY LIPS.

In Oregon and Maine and British Columbia ? --to survive ? make the biggest bonfire you can and keep it going. --simple , just break off little branches of needle trees and ---NO Problem --you will be found .--heck these days the IR detectors will find you in no time.

I pray for him and his family.----pray with me please.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

To be multi lingual ? --- fantastic skill . --I just got off talking to a bunch of Danes on Paltalk ---and Iwin has a VW LUPO diesel and he keeps track of SMILEAGE. ---that is one hard act to follow. --we are usually in Annis Varmestue. --if I am there ? you are welcome.---BUT be nice EH ?.
For some reason , that I do NOT understand --I am very popular there.----heck I am a grumpy old man. --EH ?.

And yes I am still testing Fuels.

hagar.

PS : I am a recycler ? --are you kidding .---ALL people who grew up in the dirty thirties -saves strings and rubber bands and what not ---EH ? ---I still do.--so what ? EH ? why NOT ?.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

Put 4 " Space Blankets " in your Rabbit trunk ----read my lips ---they may save your life.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

Was survival equipment ever FUN for hagar ? ---you bet.---hagar the "Flyboy" ends up owning a Beaver RX-550 ultralight --finest ultralight in the world --dollar for dollar -cost per hour.
We fly over water a lot. --ok ?--so we need floatation devices or drown -EH? --so hagar goes to the pharmacy at Wallymart asking for CONDOMS --extra ,extra, extra large.--The girl looks at me and say , one size fits all. --Ever since ---I got super service at that pharmacy. ----
I keep them in my pockets --and blows them up in an emergency --tie a knot and put inside shirt. --it works --read my lips.---NOW ? yes they have extra size Condoms in stock.---and hagar still get super service.

hagar.

PS : surviving can be FUN.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

hagar TESTs everything ? EH ? --Fuel Injection Pumps Injectors --you name it ? OK.?so I TESTED the space blanket ---this is GOSPEL it works.

Yes I was one of them CLUBHOUSE guys drinking beer to midnight in the clubhouse.---it was COLD out here on the runway --hagar decides to test the GOLD space blanket. --so ? I left the clubhouse stark naked with my Space Blanket ---read my lips they work.--- get them --OK ?.

hagar.

PS : gram for gram dollar for dollar NOTHING beats a space blanket --for keeping us warm.---try one .
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

James Kim --RIP. ---- hagar is so mad he is spitting blood..--One look at the area from the air ? the car is parked in a perfect area for a BIG bonfire---Apple pie a pick-nic .

My condolences to the Kim family.

I shall keep preaching till I die. ----so Rabbit lovers pay attention.---hagar was there.---and he made it.

hagar.

PS : get those Space Blankets ---NOW.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

FineFrank and ALL : hagars choice for Fraulein Bunny Bondo ? 120 grade NO dispersant single grade AV oil. --- if not easy to get ? we use 120 W.

If my plastic was maxed out ? we would use automobile 60 grade. ---- I may have to do a bit of explaining why the TWIGGY fuel has to be modified.----OK stay TUNED.

hagar.

PS : read ALL by Andrew in Flagstaff AZ first ---then you will understand my upcoming explanation.
ricosuave
Cetane Booster

Post by ricosuave »

by FAR the most informative and humourous thread I have ever read on the internet.

like sitting down for the evening with an uncle or granfather

to hagar and all those that have contributed, THANK YOU

finally, i shall add my own contribution:

using adobe acrobat (even the trial version) you can save this or any other thread as a .pdf file. very useful for archiving information or if your internet or the board goes down or something.

i shall now continue to lurk in the background

rick
Now: 00 Golf TDI, 03 Jetta Wagon TDI - :)
Then: 69 SC Transporter, 84 Rabbit GTI, 87 Fox GL, 91 Golf IDI, 97 Jetta IDI - :|
"Everything I save by driving diesel I put back due to poor German engineering and crappy Mexican workmanship!" :(
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

hagars claim to fame 07 Dec 2006 ? ---not much --BUT I did stand on the round brass plate on the front deck of Mighty MO ---and gave my best NATO Navy Salute --She was tied up in Bremerton WA Amerika---and I just had to pay a visit.--yeah OK OK I was a civilian at the time .

In about 1972 or there abouts.----she was mothballed --and saw action again. ---wonder where she is NOW ?.

My mind is still with the James Kim family --- so ? --my Rabbit diesel talk is on the back burner.

I shall be back.

hagar.
chrischris
Diesel Freak

Post by chrischris »

Hagar, I see you will be in Seattle soon, where I live. Any chance I could bribe you with a few beers and you can share your knowledge to get my new Caddy running as well as it can? :wink: