Info on MKIII diesels and golf diesel Injection Pump.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

VWGTD
Glow Plug

Info on MKIII diesels and golf diesel Injection Pump.

Post by VWGTD »

Hey Guys!!

If anyone has technial specs(specially horse power, torque and power band) of diesel engines with engine codes available in MKIII including 1.9 turbo diesel and 1.9 TDI and technical specs of MKII diesel and they can post it here..

I have an MKII 1.6 Turbo Diesel engine code MF. and i want to convert it to GTD i have already changed the injectors to GTD ones but now my car needs a new injection pump. I was wondering if there is any place in canada where i can buy a remanufactured stock MF injection pump or a GTD injection pump. I dont really want to get original pump overhauled as the car is in the middleeast and it would be really expensive and hard to ship the pump to canada. So if you guys can help me out on these things...any input would be helpful!!

Thanks loads!!!
VWGTD
Glow Plug

Post by VWGTD »

Guyss... can anyone help me out pleasee?
dieselsnowmobile
Diesel Freak

Post by dieselsnowmobile »

I am pretty sure Jack here at VW Diesel Parts sells those pumps. For anyone in this forum to post anyone else would be against the forum Regs.

1.9L TDI was never put into a MkII stock car, that does not mean it cannot be put into though. Here are some specs on the 1.9 TD.

68-75 hp 1.9td

configuration
1896 cm³ inline 4, bore 79,5 × stroke 95,5 mm
head
SOHC 2-valve per cylinder, 22:1 compression
block
cast iron, five bearings
output
55 kW (75 hp) at 4200 rpm, 150 N•m (111 ft·lbf) at 2000 rpm
'89 1.6L NA Diesel Jetta (521,000 mi) w/ Rabbit Engine (230,000s mi)
'91 1.6L NA Diesel Jetta (1500 hrs since I have owned it)
'86 2.1L Gas Vanagon 7 passenger (123,000 mi)

YouTube Videos