Weekend fun Painting wheels

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Weekend fun Painting wheels

Post by CoolAirVw »

Had some fun fixing up the car. Here's my project. Two words UG--LEEE!

Last edited by CoolAirVw on Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

Here's the hubcap after alot of work. (might have been easier to buy new ones from the dealer!)

Here's a pic after beadblasting and painting the wheels and dumping some dough into some nice tires. Now I just need about 8 free hours to do the beauty rings :D .

Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

tires

Post by Fatmobile »

Yeah, ya hate to put new tires on junky rims.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
JAMES ADKINS
Turbo Charger

Post by JAMES ADKINS »

Yeah shes a beauty all right.You know i'm talking about you'r little helper,i assume your daughter.Tell her we all think that's great she helps her dad.What great memories that gives me, you should know they don't last forever and one day they just grow up and get really smart.Anyways i've been married almost 35 yrs and raised 3 children and now get to live it again through our new grandaughter.Take good care of her and God bless you and your's :wink:
duffer
Turbo Charger

Post by duffer »

She's a little sweetheart. Love the look of concentration.

I hope she was properly compensated.

Wish I could get the local garage mechanic to work for

jelly beans and ice cream.

And, pray tell, what were YOU doing, when she was

doing such a geat job on your wheels?

A hammock comes to mind.
Vincent Waldon
Turbo Charger

Post by Vincent Waldon »

Jeepers... I've been avoiding this thread because I thought it was the usual naughty spam... nice work on the tires. Care to hire your helper out ?? Between my two Jettas with summers and winters I've got 16 rims.
Vince

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2001 silver TDI Jetta Malone Stage 1.5 , 2001 blue TDI Jetta SBIII 216s Malone Stage 3
1970 Bay Window bus

Gone but not forgotten: 1969/1971 Beetles, 1969/1974 Westies, 1979 Rabbit, 1986 TD Jetta, 1992 gas Jetta, 1994 TD Jetta

Here's a small collection of HOW-TOs
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

I need that sweet little girl's help more than you do I'm up to 25 rims not counting the ten that are on the cars oh I forget the motorhome its got seven. My two boys are over 30 seem to busy to give me any off spring. I'm a realized I bought big hub caps to cover them up. We borrow kids from friends now and again to go to the beach or just hang-out a real joy in life.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Hillbilly Girl hard at work --PLAY ?.-EH ?

Post by hagar »

WOW she is a STAR performer , here at Fraulein Bunny Bondos --- a Poster girl class A one.

dang --I'v haven't finished with Iowa yet.

hagar.

PS : ---a Hillbilly - TUNER in the making. ---EH ? .------