I'm rebuilding my Injection Pump!

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

Op-Ivy
Turbo Charger

Post by Op-Ivy »

Another question!

The bosch dealer doesnt have this bushing. Where else might I find it (excluding the JY)? It is the piece that the advance cable slides into.

Thanks!

-Matt[/u]
coke

Post by coke »

Yes, that is where the advance cable goes into, but it isn't really a bushing. Its more of a loose connector fitting. I have yet to see a bushing on one. Its just a round metal insert that goes in the two holes on the arm with a screw in top of it, to tighten down on the cable.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

dealership

Post by Fatmobile »

That's a VW dealership item.
I just picked up 4 the other day.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
Op-Ivy
Turbo Charger

Post by Op-Ivy »

Thanks Fat! How much did they cost? And how come four? Were they in stock?
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

just because

Post by Fatmobile »

Why not 4?
:D
You need 2, they weren't in stock and cost a little over $2 each.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
Buzz
Cetane Booster

Post by Buzz »

Any idea what the part number is? I was just about to post asking someone the same question. Mine were completely gone when I removed the pump.
1982 Diesel Rabbit
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

part

Post by Fatmobile »

Part # 068 130 337 is on the parts bag I got from the dealership.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
Buzz
Cetane Booster

Post by Buzz »

Thanks!
1982 Diesel Rabbit
jetta90
Cetane Booster

Post by jetta90 »

While on the topic of dismantling pumps to reseal......................
when putting back all the internal components of a pump, specifically all the bits and pieces on the main shaft. Once all put back together and woodruff key and pump gear back on the shaft.......................
when the pump gear mark lines up with the mark on the pump (same mark you use to line pump/pump bracket/pump gear when changing belts) where should the plunger be? By plunger I mean the component that you measure with dial indicator when timing the pump.
Tell you why I ask: pump resealed and reassembled, woodruff key and gear back on pump, if I line up the pump gear mark with the pump mark the plunger does not reach it's maximum stroke travel at that point. In other words the gear mark needs to move past the pump mark by about another 1.5 inches before the plunger reaches its max travel and starts going back the other way. Keep in mind the pump is not in the car. is that ok or is there something inside the pump that was reassembled incorrectly?
libbybapa
Turbo Charger

Post by libbybapa »

That sounds right. Not saying there isn't something else messed up inside the pump, but not with regards to what you've mentioned. :D There are really only two ways to get it all back together and they would be 180° apart, so the lift of the camplate at TDC would be the same. Bear in mind that fuel continues to be injected after TDC up to the point that the plunger moves far enough to uncover the pressure bleed hole from under the control collar, so there is some time in each cycle that the plunger keeps injecting fuel into the cylinder after TDC. It also continues moving/pushing fuel after it stops injecting into the cylinder. That point happens sooner at part throttle than at full throttle due to the position of the control collar on the plunger shaft and how soon the bleed hole is uncovered, rerouting fuel back to the center of the pump.

Andrew