1.6NA Passenger motor mount spacers?

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

tim0574
Glow Plug

1.6NA Passenger motor mount spacers?

Post by tim0574 »

The first picture is of the mount in my diesel Rabbit hatchback, each side of the mount has some rubber sticking out that seem to be spacers.

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6789/cimg2650sc0.jpg

The second pic of my shaky Rabbit pickup that vibrates bad during braking, in reverse or some shifting. The mount doesn't have the rubber spacers and is pushed up against the front of the bracket. Since I haven't ever had the engine(s) out yet, what am I missing from the pickup and where can I get what I need? I never see any spacers or whatever they are for sale.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/2115/cimg2651za4.jpg
tylernt
Turbo Charger

Post by tylernt »

Probably a junkyard is your only option for that spacer.

One of your other mounts could be messed up to cause that one to be so crooked. The front (under the rad) and rear (by the transmission diff) are pretty easy to change/adjust, so you might start with those.
'82 Diesel Rabbit • '88 Fox (RIP) • '88 Jetta (work in progress)
lyeinyoureye
Turbo Charger

Post by lyeinyoureye »

Hmmm... What year is your car? I have 'em iirc, just need to dig up the other one. :lol: I should add that my diesel's pass side mount is not flush like that. It almost looks like someone tried to use a broken gasser mount w/o the rubber spacers?
tim0574
Glow Plug

Post by tim0574 »

As long as they are just spacers, I'm sure I could find substitutions. Roaming the farming section at Fleet Farm comes to mind right away. I could probably find someone in there that'll work.

The mount looks toast anyway the way it's pushing out. The motor was rebuilt by a previous owner. Either he or the middleman who sold it might've did a quicky motor install and forgot or lost the spacers.

They're both 82's btw.

The pickup has the vibration problem and is too small for me to drive comfortably. The hatchback has a leaky injection pump and bad wheel bearing. I plan to swap motors and put new seals on the pumps.
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

Fleet Farm = Man's Store
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count