MREA Energy Fair June 15 - 17

Anything related to biodiesel/biofuels, questions, answers, technical information for all VW Diesel Engines should go here.

Moderator: Fatmobile

jason
Cetane Booster

MREA Energy Fair June 15 - 17

Post by jason »

I know it's coming very soon but if any of you have a chance, please go to The Midwest Renewable Energy and Sustainable Living Fair in Custer, Wisconsin. It is the best and most informative event you will go to all year, I guarantee it. This will be my third year and would not miss it for anything. I will have my white TDI Beetle there and hope to meet some folks interested (and doing things) with alternative energy in the Appleton area.
http://www.the-mrea.org/energy_fair.php

Peace,
Jason
1982 Rabbit Diesel (was an automatic with a 1.6 N.A. mechanical now its a manual with a 1.6 N.A. hydraulic)
1998 New Beetle TDI
1988 Ford F250 Diesel
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

MREA

Post by Fatmobile »

Thanks for posting this.
Doesn't look like I'll be going this year.
First one I've missed in about 12 years.
I had a fuel line collapse.
Took off and didn't watch the vacuum gauge,... it started chugging and the gauge was around 20.
It collapsed the PEX tubing I was using for fuel line.
I had to pull all the fuel lines and try something I've been wanting to try for awhile.... I ran the HWH inside the kick panel under the passenger door and came out the wheel well up to the engine bay.
Got the final bugs out today and it's running great... I keep telling myself I could just make it up for the Sunday show maybe. :?
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
Josh
Turbo Charger

'06 MREA was great!

Post by Josh »

I made the '06 MREA, and for an average person looking to get exposure to general principles of sustainability, technologies for home efficiencies, and the like, it's a good start.

If you're already well read on the subjects, it might not be worth it. I can't quite understand folks who find enough new in the presentations and workshops alone each year to make it worth it.

It's a bit "green wash"y at times and in places. But it's something to do.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

There are many of the same displays every year, but I spent last year ('06) checking the gardening and food storage workshops.... learned alot.
It's also a great time to see friends and hear what they are doing... like Duane of redrock solar.
Lots of cutting edge stuff going on behind the scenes.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.