2001 TDI Beetle top speed 75mph/3000 rpm

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

scooter
Glow Plug

2001 TDI Beetle top speed 75mph/3000 rpm

Post by scooter »

As the title states, my TDI Bug only does 75 mph and 3000rpm. I can't hear the turbo spool up. Is it the turbo itself inop or is it something that controls the turbo from kicking in?? help? One more question tho.....
Are there any Repair Manuals out there (anywhere) that I can get for my car???????? 2001 Beetle TDI (standard) (US spec)
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

You may have a overboost problem caused by sticky vanes in the turbo. You need to get it scanned preferably with a VAG-COM.

Watch the video at the end. That is how your actuator rod should move. If its stuck then do the work in the thread.

click here---> http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php? ... ostcount=1

by the way, wouldn't hurt to search/read a little first. Theres a couple other threads like down 10 or so asking the same question with basically the same answer.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
scooter
Glow Plug

Post by scooter »

Brought my 2001 Beetle to VW....they removed intake (was plugged, could not get a Q-tip thru).....they bead blasted the intake and it runs like NEW....450 bucks They recommended every 40-80 thousand miles depending on how you drive it. Mine had 170 thousand before it was cleaned.
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

I've read that clogged intake could cause overboost codes causing turbo shut down.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>