Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : is hagar kind to those BALL-Joints at bottom of front legs ?------YES..

Why did VW use 3 rivets not bolt's ? ---IMHO it is the right thing to do.. VW did provide dimples for drilling EH ? .

The top (ball-bearing) gets a beer -cap of Hydraulic oil --once a year. ---only failures I know of has to do with RUST.---never from wear. The lower one ? --it gets heat to drive water out ---and when still warm I add OIL.---remember that ball is upside down EH ?.

hagar..

PS : Op-Ivy if you hit Nassichuck road gimme a call.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : hagar's quote of 2007 ? ---- every Rabbit great journey begins with a good "START".

Yes you may take it to the bank ----hagar is a grand master of QUOTATIONS.

My quote of 2006 ------" NEVER IN HUMAN HISTORY--- WAS SO MANY LIES--TOLD BY SO FEW ----TO SO MANY ---SO FAST " .

In 2008 I like to put Quotations of George W BUSH next to my Quotations of MAO TSE-TUNG.

hagar the OLD war-horse on " WATERBOARDING " ? ---simple , NO SPIN NO LIES.-----NOT in my command ----NEVER.

hagar's WAR SAGA ? from a TERRORIST in 1945 (certified by Hitler) to NATO NAVY -to NATO AIR-FORCE --to NATO ARMY ----can you top that ?.-----I fought my WAR to end for ALL times -- "The end justifies the means" ------I do NOT like where we are today..

My National Quote for Danmark ? ---I love it. " This is a Nation , where FEW have too much ----BUT FEWER TO LITTLE " ---are you reading Mr. Bill Gates ?.

Do I quote " Jesus' Christ " or the many Bibles I own ? ----ALL Masters do that.--EH ?

Yes the " Koran too " (Quran) without fail read my lips .

And I still say MERRY-CHRISTMAS --take it to the bank.

hagar.

PS : I hope some of my OLD Yankee USAF buddies read this "Osmosis" of Class of 55-H ..
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : my gifts for this Christmas ? --to all of you ? (my Amerikan friends) the truth my experience and my expertise ? ---YES --YES --- and Yes..---and for FREE , really ? take it to the Bank.

Night before last I watched " SICKO " on the telly. -----IMHO ? great program.

I have experienced the Kanadian "Universal" program from day one ---to ? Dec 2007 --------FANTASTIC system. ---very expensive for TAX payers like hagar ? ----very . BUT never NEVER ,NEVER will you hear hagar complain NEVER.

In ALL my Bibles it tells me , to help my brother ---? EH ? and THAT I like --read my lips.

and YOU are ALL my Brothers (or sisters) EH ? ----

I spend last night at a Charming LOG cabin in the Kanaian woods ---Sigrid's and Lar's Hawkes from Sunland Kalifornia ----in the bosom of friends ? EH --you bet.---hagar was covered in CATS all night..-----and CATS do not sleep at night.----not Sigrids 40 or more CATS.---- and yes she knows all ALL by name .----friendly FRIDA was paying attention to hagar ALL night.----could she PURRRRRRRR or what ? EH ?

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : " A Rabbits Christmas 2007 " by H . Hagar . Horrible Hagar.. yes one Happy time in Old hagar's life -----a GEEZER and his Solstice Party -----had I not drank Sigrid's ---eh WINE ? that would have been one BIG bonfire .

How many a SOLSTICE of hagar's ? hows about 75 ? --EH ? my absolutely BEST ? - about 1936 in Jutland ---at Matilde Henriksens little one horse "Farm" ---thatched roof NO ELECTRICITY -----Real Kandles---real People ,real snow,real food,real, JOY,

It was called "JUL " so hagar's JUL was a happy one. --- even if that one holer way back in the snow , only had one hinge on the door. ---and the paper was NOT PUREX. 3 ply..

Matilde Henriksen was the family "Matriarch"----what did she looks like ? like Brynhilda cigar smoking ---always dressed in BLACK crinkles around her eyes and a glint.------single mother to about 13 kids ...what a sample of Nordic Womanhood. ----NEVER , EVER in all those years , I knew her ---did she ever complain about ANYTHING.

JUL is same as Amerikan Christmas.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : a very "Inconvenient" truth ----24 December 2007 ----Nordic Aryans celebrate at night. 0400 normal get moving time for hagar -----hagar suffered a stroke or hart attack -------NOT a good day for hagar. ---BUT fear not hagar is still here.-----picked myself along on all four to the bedroom ----and a phone with 911 .

SO ??? I had ALL day (in bed) to think deep thoughts about diesels --with NO distractions ---like going caroling or dancing around a tree and getting sloshed.-------and I will have to give all that FOOD I had stockpiled --for the NEEDY --some other time.

By the way Aspirin sure works on hagar --like WAX on tired Rabbits.

hagar.
vwkook
Diesel Freak

Post by vwkook »

Get well soon!!!!!!!
'69 Fasty
'81 Caddy
Quantum-man
Turbo Charger

Post by Quantum-man »

Yea keep busy my friend.
Mark :cry:
"I'm not here to help... I'm here to Pro-Volke"

Be like meeee...Drive a Quantum TD
...The best work-horse after the cart...

Quantae grow on you...but Rabbits are like roses...
... girls like em ;o)

Only one Darwin, Einstein, Poe and Verne.
That is why if you listen, you will learn:
From the one and only Quantum-man,
Who sees the worms from outside of the can.

7 Quantae in 20 years; 4 dead and 3 TD's still alive [2 wagons & 1 fastback] oh and a GTD :o)
kskirtz
Glow Plug

Old Guy Old rabbit

Post by kskirtz »

Get well soon and take care of yourself. We need your experience to help us keep our old diesels alive. Good luck and God Bless!
92 Red Jetta ECOdiesel
Op-Ivy
Turbo Charger

Post by Op-Ivy »

I hope everything is ok Hagar. Rest up and you'll be tuning again in no time! :)
1990 TD Jetta - 490,000Km
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

Please get well soon and take care.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
BlueDog
Turbo Charger

Post by BlueDog »

Best regards Hagar. Hope you're back to 100% real soon. Ed
'89 Jetta 2-dr gasser converted to 1.6L NA
'04 Jetta TDI GLS Platinium
'87 F350 dually 7.3 future project
'79 Mainship Perkins T6.354
lyeinyoureye
Turbo Charger

Post by lyeinyoureye »

Get better soon! :(
idhoho
Turbo Charger

Post by idhoho »

No worries guys... Hagar is tougher than a Montana boot! He's just needing to know we love him! GET BACK AT IT Svend!!!! We need you!!
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : very little Diesel in this one from hagars "Sickbay"===SO ? just skip it EH ?.

The Attack on the Gestapo HQ Copenhagen, Denmark, 21st March 1945 by Bob Kirkpatrick

I’ll start with a little chronology. I was born in Canada while my US parents 3rd generation were visiting there. Returned to States when I was 10 months old. Dec 8,1941 I enlisted in US Marines, Dec 9 physical, reported for camp Dec 12 and was told I had a heart murmer and not fit. Dec 15 I went to Windsor, Ont, Canada and joined the RCAF, didn't mention the Marines. Was accepted and called in Feb 42. Got my wings June 43 ,UK in Aug 43, twin engine conversions and a Beau OTU and then a Mossie OTU. Joined 21 Sqdn RAF Sep 44.

I hagar was there on the ground --in a CLOUD of bullets ----a Mossie and a Mustang ---no more than 30 feet above ground flew right by me --I WAS TRANSFIXED ----read my lips ---what a glorious sound of 3 Merlins at full tilt --that Mossie was faster than the Mustang a wee bit.

The Mustang pulled up in time , BUT the Mossie flew right through the Hydro wires -----climbed away at a steep andle with SMOKE pouring from left engine -----I was exhaoulted ----a then a German woman dragged me in shelter ----againt my will.

hagar.

http://www.the467tharchive.org/libraryshelfthree.html
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : bear with me , I just have to tell this tale before it is too late.

When I saw that American Mustang P-51 close up on 21 mar 1945 ----after having been up to my Yin-Yang in Fokkers,Junkers and Messofshits. for about 5 years plus , minus ------what a beauty what a finely TUNED Merlin at full tilt , that girl was the latest model --all POLISHED aluminium finish , Bubble canopy and the US Army Airforse marking on the side.-----SO ? what ? , well all these years I was hoping to talk to the Pilots in that raid.--------Yes I may ---or at least talk to a son or daughter.---EH ? ----remember hagar became a flyboy later on. ---OK OK back to VW Diesels .
After I say that I NEVER NEVER -----NEVER heard any critisism in Danmark of the Raid that hit the wrong target. In the Fog of WAR you bomb a school ? not the Shell-Oil building --the Gestapo headquarters ? ---OK the Rabbits came with Glowplug 1977 Mk 1. Then with the Turbo models VW redesigned the system SO ? well now we enter the P O-----EVIL so now we may have a mixture of Mk 1 and Mk 2 systems.-----very simple to sort out what we have. Mk 1 only have pre glow , the Mk 2 has both pre and post glow --SO ? how can you NOT figure it out ? ---use a testlight on glowplug buss.
By the way on the Mk 1 the key in start position turns off glowplug relay.
Mk 1. glowplugs are getting rare Mk 2 Plugs will work in ALL systems --even in a MIX.
Mk 2 plugs are known as " Duraterms " hagar will never use anything else , even if FREE..

All plugs are short DUTYCYCLE heaters ----Mk 2 are up to 3 minutes ON..

To change a Rabbit from a VW Mk 1 system to a Mk 2. system ? --is complicated , it involves WIRING changes. ---way simpler to go for a MANUAL system. --yes Fraulein Bunny Clanc here has a hagar installed Manual system ---just like hagars Bobcat 743 ---best way to go for a DIY type.------will hagar ever get out of sickbay ? time will tell.

hagar.