IP Mounting bolts/pump bracket?

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

surfing07
Glow Plug

IP Mounting bolts/pump bracket?

Post by surfing07 »

I need to know what kind of bolts to use to mount my IP bracket, and the IP to the bracket? I have 6 allen bolts, and not sure where they go? The IP bracket seems to be the logical solution, but when I put the allen bolts in they stick out reall far and will seem to get in the way of the timing belt. Any help much appreciated. Thanks, E
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

I took pics of "where stuff goes". Here's the photobucket link.

http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k286/ ... ff%20goes/

And heres one pic.

Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
surfing07
Glow Plug

Post by surfing07 »

Thanks for the photos, it seems your IP mounting bracket is different then mine. and from the looks of the pics the 6 longer allen bolts are not used for the bracket. are the two short allen bolts supposed to be used on the back end of the IP mounting bracket like in the pics? Thanks. E
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

There are allen head bolts in that pic for the IP bracket. When I redid my motot mounts a couple months ago, my IP bracket had allen head bolts holding it on to the motor.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

the 6 longer allen bolts are not used for the bracket. are the two short allen bolts supposed to be used on the back end of the IP mounting bracket like in the pics? Thanks. E
6 longer allen bolts sounds like intake manifold bolts.
The 2 short ones might be for the injection pump bracket.
If his doesn't look like yours,... you might be working on a Rabbit,... his is an A2 Jetta.
Should be 4 allen bolts holding the injection pump bracket to that end of the block. The 2 upper ones also hold a small bracket that the timingbelt cover bolts too... on the A2 picture above it's just an extended bolt.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.