Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

vwkook
Diesel Freak

Post by vwkook »

Ahhh that make perfect sense.
'69 Fasty
'81 Caddy
coke

Post by coke »

Okay hagar, so you want the skinny part of the cone resting against the pin or the thick part of the cone resting against the pin? Because backing the screw out would pull the cone up thereby moving the cone up and letting the thick part rest against the pin, cutting off the fuel supply?
coke

Post by coke »

Still haven't made any adjustments since adjusting pressure down to 35psi, got 50mpg tonight, 125 mile trip, 2.5 gallons of diesel.

I still have a bit of a ping but its not really noticeable, should I still retard a pencil line hagar?
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : just a little comment for the guy's on PM's it is not a snub-----I can't do it.

VW content ? here is a very important point ---Alternator belts MUST be VW specified. ---took me years to learn..

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : coke YES ----one line at the time to PING is gone.

hagar.
coke

Post by coke »

hagar, what do you think of my recent mpg post? I got 50 mpg on a 125 mile trip, car took 2.5 gallons of diesel. There is a small margin for error obviously since there is no way to get the same exact amount of fuel in as the last time I filled up but it was darn close. Thats with the internal pressure set at 35 psi at 500 pump rpm, and no other adjustments yet.

If I am figuring this out correctly, that is exactly what you had aimed for when you said, 60 miles per gallon imperial.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : coke , what do I think ? ----I think you are ready for some FINE-TUNING.

BUT it is time for a "BLOTTER-TESTING" file..

There is NO finer TEST , that I have ever heard of ----make sense to do it ? --well DO IT.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : More coke fine "TUNING" .-----on the LDA and ADA pumps we need an "OUT" bolt extender . --hagars favorite is the BOSCH brass one (see Andrew in Flagstaff post ) ----yes and I have one somewhere.

coke try and find out if GL-1 can be had in Maine. ---it will be used in procedures.

---oh I wish I was in Maine Amerika. ----

hagar.
coke

Post by coke »

What is GL-1? Some sort of oil?
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : coke and ALL ---- http://www.lubrizol.com/products/automo ... il/GL5.asp

coke we have basically 3 way's to go to increase VISCOSITY of the NEW fuels..

The best is WAX ---summer ONLY. Aviation oil all year but expensive ----

cheap ? gear oil REALLY heavy stuff ---GL - 1. is my choice ----BUT any Auto oil will do.----- we are using for testing I P only.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : let me first say ---fuel cost is NO problem at hangar's ---so why am I going for 150 MPG Imp.? ---yes very realistic. (FUN) --BUT I know a lot of you like Rabbit's for ECONOMIC reasons.(like foreclosure)(loss of Job) etc. etc.

girth your filler caps. , now that Mobil-Exxon decided to declare WAR on Commandante Shavez. ----IMHO ---mind-blowing stupidity.

hagar predict an increase in Diesel fuel in Amerika.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : OK . so you do NOT want hagar's SAGA only the diesel help ? EH ?------DO NOT READ THEN .-----kind of reminds me of the Alpha course at the Church down the street ----you want the FREE food ? (really first class) well you get Religion FIRST..----------SO ? --- what does hagar dish out ? --memories 75 years of them ---NO chance I ever run DRY --EH ?.---read my lips.

hagar.
coke

Post by coke »

hagar's SAGA is gospel -- read my lips. :)
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : "chuckles" in Idaho (idhoho) hagar has made the BIG league---EH ? ---what do you think ? ---from Chris in Tyler Tex -----(I kind of miss him) ---he made even the most abusive type ---look like ----NOT bad --EH ?

Now 2008 hagar is a " Gospel -TUNER " ---how does that grab you ?.----does your wife have a Potato-sack Dress ?

hagar
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA :

http://politiken.dk/services/webcam/

betyder, at den danske forbruger betaler næsten 1,90 kroner per kWh, mens en forbruger i Frankrig og i England betaler henholdsvis 90 øre og 98 øre per kWh.

"Politiken" is a right-wing paper ---remember cartoons ?.

coke your price for Electric Power ? --you are blessed.,.was hagar influential for cheap Amerikan --El-Power ?---very.

Yes politiken has a English ----reader.

hagar.