What emblem does this represent?

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

The_Hamster
Glow Plug

Post by The_Hamster »

Just is an emblem of the Wolfsburg (wolfs castle) coat of arms that vw puts on cars. It is a plug that covers the hole where the European side markers go. All German made cars will have that and those that have the hole in the fender for the side arker but were imported somewhere that does not use the side markers. The wolfsburg edition badge is different, it is round and usually white with a black castle that says wolfsburg edition or inverted colours of the same I have seen pictures of.
vwkook
Diesel Freak

Post by vwkook »

I've often wondered why american cars don't have side markers/signals. They just make too much sense. (like a lot of other things in Europe)
'69 Fasty
'81 Caddy
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

vwkook wrote:I've often wondered why american cars don't have side markers/signals. They just make too much sense. (like a lot of other things in Europe)
They actually do have side marker turn signals. On American cars, most of them happen to be integral with the front turn signal indicators as well. If the turn signals are located on the corner of the car and visible from the front and side, they are legal. If you move the turn signals from the corner, then additional side markers are required. Maybe in Europe thier laws state that the two can't be combined, or require that the light be behind the front wheels.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count