HHO Booster on V-dub diesels

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

rabbit_man
Turbo Charger

Post by rabbit_man »

A while ago I saw an ebay ad for a double jar setup and the guy said he put one on his '83 vw diesel pickup and got 70mpg instead of 47mpg.
bcoverss
Glow Plug

Post by bcoverss »

Well I'm sorry to say I'll never get to know if my set up increased my MPG's or not. Thanks to a bastard not paying attention in the rain my car was totaled in an accident and I'm just not starting to get over some of the pain. I had head, neck and back injuries. This bastard just crushed the rear of my beautiful car. I removed the apparatus from the car and may try it on my Mercury when I get well enough and pain free.
Below are photos of my messed up bunny.

Image (alt+p)

Image (alt+p)

Image (alt+p)

Image (alt+p)
Last edited by bcoverss on Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
81 VW diesel Rabbit in FL
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

I'm sorry to hear about the accident and the damage to the car. The good news is that you're still around to talk about it. Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
bcoverss
Glow Plug

Post by bcoverss »

I know it could have been a lot worse and I am glad to still be here. I just hate it though. I've done so much to the car. It only had 3000 miles on a newly rebuilt engine, transmission and suspension. Two weeks prior to the accident I replaced the dash with a flawless one, new headliner, fixed the A/C, new alt. and Compressor. She was ready to go another 20 or 30 years.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

That's hard to look at.
I hope it ends up being parts for the next nice Rabbit that you get.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
bcoverss
Glow Plug

Post by bcoverss »

How can someone not see a RED car in front of them???? :shock:
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

Man that was a nice looking car. And all that work done. I'm glad your ok.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

Depending on your insurance, you may be able to purchase this vehicle from the insurance company, if you had full coverage on it. So, you may be able to use some of those new parts you have on this one on another one.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
tylernt
Turbo Charger

Post by tylernt »

Yeah don't let that thing be crushed. Strip it and use the parts for your next Rabbit or sell them off, Rabbit parts are getting too rare to just throw away. Your dead bunny's sacrifice can make others live!
'82 Diesel Rabbit • '88 Fox (RIP) • '88 Jetta (work in progress)
Krank
Diesel Freak

Post by Krank »

I feel your pain. The same thing happenned to me almost a year ago. I loved that car. The difference is that yours is truely messed up, mine was only minor damage, but was totaled non the less.
I feel so bad even looking at yours. It was a beautiful car! Mine's kinda ugly. I never could imagine how someone couldn't see a bright yellow car in front of them. I find it harder to imagine what was going on in your situation.

Sux.
'81 Rabbit N/A
'82 Audi 4000 Diesel (a vw in luxery clothing!)
bscutt
Turbo Charger

Post by bscutt »

That is heartbreaking! Very sad to see that but glad you weren't more severely injured.
Bob

'06 Jetta TDI
'82 Rabbit 1.6NA
Honda, 99 GMC Suburban, '41 Chevy Coupe
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

That's a real crime. I'm glad you didn't get hurt too badly. My son and his wife got rear ended. Flung forward into another car. Three year recovery from whiplash. So these type of accidents can't be taken to lightly. I feel sorry for people that have to commute to work everyday through rush hours. I moved from the big city five years ago and my insurance went from 1100 to 900. I think it should have went to 500. We don't have rush hour at all in Fort Macleod. When I lived in the city the wife and kids all had vehicles. In four years we had five people whacked into the cars we had parked on the street. Don't buy a corner lot. The family had three accidents and two break-ins. It was a supposedly nicer area of St Albert in the Edmonton area. Now we are down to zero in all categories and my nerves are a lot better.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/
bcoverss
Glow Plug

Post by bcoverss »

Three year recovery form whiplash. Dear God I hope mine doesn't last that long. It's been two weeks and I'm still in a lot of pain and soreness. The x-rays showed my neck curvature is now opposite of what it should be. I've has a constant headache that's worse than any migraine I ever had. I do have whiplash. The seat back broke and I bounced back and forth at least three times judging by the three large knots on my head. It happened so fast I'm not sure.

I do have full coverage, sort of. To add insult to injury my insurance company told me today they'd pay me $2200 for the car, and they keep the car. I was so furious with them I had to hang up. I've seen cars like mine sell for over $6600 on eBay. Not sure how I'm going to work thing out with them but that offer is BS! Just the kind of crap I need to deal with while I'm in pain.
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

My son and daughter-an-law aren't in very good shape as far as condition goes. I believe that can make things worth as well. It's just one more reason to stay in shape. She broke the seat right off a brand new Altima.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/
davidpa28140
Cetane Booster

Post by davidpa28140 »

I'm real sorry to see such a nice rabbit totaled, I have been afraid of the same thing happening to me and would assume that the insurance companies would offer the nada book value or some other out of touch low ball number. I have to agree I would want to buy it back from the insurance company for the parts . I think the policies on that must change from insurance company to company, I bought one back years ago. It has been my experience in many cases that insurance companies are very hard to deal with when they decide to be. My guess is that in your case they are somehow afraid of the big bad liability wolf or some other bs. Glad to see you were not injured further, hope your recovery is speedy as well.

Dave