My 93 golf Cl project

This is a place for us to share progress on and upgrades to our vw diesels.

Moderator: Fatmobile

A1-2-A3
Turbo Charger

My 93 golf Cl project

Post by A1-2-A3 »

So here it is as of today

This is the engine that I put in a fresh 1.6N/A. Never mind the wiring much of it is not protected and tied up the way it should be yet.

These are the old airbox parts from the gas engine, They will make a great ram air setup that will look factory.

I just drove it around the block today. After months of work It can now move on its own. I will have new fenders here on Wednesday. I have a guy at work to give me pointers on bodywork and I will get him to spray it. I have not yet finished the wiring yet. I had to drill the block out to accept the power steering pump and mix and match some pulleys from a gas engine. Its kinda nice having power steering, the old rabbit never had power steering. It was a out of province car so I will have to get it saftey certified.
Fatmobile
Global Moderator

Post by Fatmobile »

I'm helping a friend with his '93 Jetta gasser so it's nice to see the diesel option in one of these.
Fun to watch the progress.
'91 Golf gasser converted to a 12mm pump, M-TDI.
'84 1.6TD Rabbit with a VNT-15 turbo, still setup to run on vegetable oil.
'84 GTI with 1.7TD pistons and intercooled.
2003 TDI wagon
2000 TDI Jetta.
A1-2-A3
Turbo Charger

Post by A1-2-A3 »

There is some amount of wiring involved. Remeber if the antitheft acts up, jump red/blk to red/blk thats probably the biggest time waster I had on it so far. Its a bit slow, but I never wound her up too hard driving around the block. But I can tell it will be lots slower then my rabbit. But it will move itself and get around grandpa speed and should get great mileage. See the new gasser rad I had to make mounts for and how tight everything is. I thought the 1.6 would have lots of room in the engine bay. The previous engine was a blown 1.8 due to overheating from a bad rad. I got it without the engine just boxes of parts. When I seen it for sale I looked at my rabbit and thought hmm, time to transform. I wish I would have taken more pictures of how to modify the fuel pump and things like that. I made the throttle cable from the gasser to diesel and mounted the old A1 timing advance cable under the fusebox.
A1-2-A3
Turbo Charger

Post by A1-2-A3 »

The Vw is dead. Blew the headgasket on the way home from work. Will never fix this car again. Bought a 09 toyota corolla s. It gets 50mpg and I can get one today without waiting for feb 09 for the unproven 2.0 emission swamped VW. The new 2.0 VW really moves but for 33k before tax and the wait they can shove it. Toyota all the way. Anyone in the regina area want ALL my Vw stuff??
The VW RABBIT the most important car for VW second only to the BUG.

my band..
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barrel-Mu ... 9006395026
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

where's regina?
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
A1-2-A3
Turbo Charger

Post by A1-2-A3 »

car is gone now...Regina is in Sask. in Canader.
The VW RABBIT the most important car for VW second only to the BUG.

my band..
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barrel-Mu ... 9006395026
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

Good grief that was quick.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>