Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

rabbit_man
Turbo Charger

Post by rabbit_man »

When I ask at the parts counter if they had any older mark II's on the lot the owners piped up from down the hall "no" we crush them you should be driving a mark 6.
Makes me mad to hear stuff like that. :evil:
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : 22 Oct 2008 will hereafter be known as "Wonder-Woman" day.
Yes I am talking about Lenora Sattmann -----she picked me up in the driveway exactly 0730 and took me to Comox Van Isle B.C. for cancer tests. --the day was a fantastic Odyssey , weather was perfect , her Van (Shevvy) performed flawlessly.----was back home by 1700 hours.
Did hagar visit VW in Courtenay ? you bet . I said hello to Hans (the German) and we can get VW diesels right off the lot. ---2009 Jettas and Jetta Wagons.

finally they are here --a Jetta ? 30 000 Kanadian dollars.----

Stale stock (old) I P 's for Rabbits ? hagar delights in bringing GOOD news to Rabbit lovers.----now surfcam is partly correct . ---- BUT hagar is a lot more complex than that.
There are literally thousands of never pre-owned I P's in the sealed bag --that will do for a Rabbit.-----remember the I P is not VW , it is BOSCH ----SO ? ----stay tuned.

hagar.
vanbcguy
Turbo Charger

Post by vanbcguy »

Idle idle idle...

My car has picked up a weird thing coming off idle. If I hold the throttle just off idle (like around 1000 RPM, maybe a bit either way) the car gets this really weird "oscilation" to the engine speed. I'm guessing I'm fighting with the governer some how? Like maybe hanging on the edge of the idle band? If I don't get the engine speed out of that band it seems like it wants to get worse and worse...

I haven't tried playing with anything yet but after reading all the idle band talk I'm guessing my idle speed setting isn't quite right. My pump is the newer 109 with the separate idle speed setting on the side and the "residual fuel screw" where the "old" idle was on the 107 pumps. I have no idea what I should start adjusting but I thought MAYBE I'd ask your advice before randomly twiddling screws...
-Bryn

1994 Jetta with a 1988ish 1.6TD - Jezebelle Jetta
1994 Jetta - 1.8 Monomotronic - Gertrude Jetta
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : vanbcguy -----smart move --- do not fool around on what we skanderhoovians call a half wind.----Rabbits never had the FAST idle device. --BUT I will explain how they work on some BOSCH and Stanadyne pumps. later.

hagar.
VW cat
Turbo Charger

this post has got to set a record

Post by VW cat »

I can't believe this post is still going. It's got to have set a forum record. Have any posts anywhere got this many replies or reads?

I can remember reading hagar's first post and thinking 'some stupid hillbilly again'. Boy was I wrong. Hat's off to you hagar. Phil :D
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : 16. A small boy swallowed some coins and was taken to a hospital. When his grandmother telephoned to ask how he was, a nurse said, 'No change yet.'

Yes hagar loves PUN'S ---got this one from --" LOREN " in WA state this morning.----Loren ? who is HE -- EH ? only the best VW forum guy of ALL time ----read my lips.

Yes NOW that my server works again --we shall get back on idle RPM.

hagar.
dubdoc
Diesel Freak

Post by dubdoc »

Good to see you on here again, my man. In the past you have mentioned a process for renewing Nicad batteries. Would you care to share the process with me?
DC Stewart
Milford Station
Nova Scotia, Canada
Quantum-man
Turbo Charger

Post by Quantum-man »

dubdoc wrote:Good to see you on here again, my man. In the past you have mentioned a process for renewing Nicad batteries. Would you care to share the process with me?
Zap em with 12vdc to burn whiskers off....IIRC
"I'm not here to help... I'm here to Pro-Volke"

Be like meeee...Drive a Quantum TD
...The best work-horse after the cart...

Quantae grow on you...but Rabbits are like roses...
... girls like em ;o)

Only one Darwin, Einstein, Poe and Verne.
That is why if you listen, you will learn:
From the one and only Quantum-man,
Who sees the worms from outside of the can.

7 Quantae in 20 years; 4 dead and 3 TD's still alive [2 wagons & 1 fastback] oh and a GTD :o)
idhoho
Turbo Charger

Re: Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by idhoho »

hagar wrote: Yes hagar loves PUN'S ---got this one from --" LOREN " in WA state this morning.----Loren ? who is HE -- EH ? only the best VW forum guy of ALL time ----read my lips.
Glad to see that you and Loren are back on speaking terms! Does this mean that you will be back on the LIST? You are sorely missed and needed there! Few have the Bunny Brains that you posess!
vwkook
Diesel Freak

Post by vwkook »

Which forum is this? I'm missing more?
'69 Fasty
'81 Caddy
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : this forum is paid for by "JACK" ---who has a reputation for good service and reasonable prices.---SO ? it makes sense to buy from "JACK" EH ? ----think about it you have access free of charge to the finest Diesel Rabbit gang of all time.-----yes let me lay it on you ----I hagar aka "Hagar" is happy to promote jacks business. --(for FREE ).

Yes before " Jack " there was another forum --- paid for by a seller of VW diesel stuff -----who like " JACK " has an enviable reputation --for service and reasonable prices. -----since it is a competitor ---please be careful with information.

We have here the best of the best of the "Old guard"----like idhoho ---etc. . Yes Mark Shepherd the limey --was one of my teachers.--bless his soul----He is by far the hardest to read.---we have to sort the worms.----BUT it is worth it --read my lips.

hagar.

PS : please note that hagar keeps promoting FUN.---
vwkook
Diesel Freak

Post by vwkook »

Ahh. I didn't realize it had to do with another vendor.
'69 Fasty
'81 Caddy
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : I hagar aka Hagar reads Jacks forum "diesel general" just about every morning -----AND diesel archives (them other guys) as well.---and when I write it is "TUNING" from the heart ----read my lips.

My Amerikan friends , do I feel the pain when the repo-man takes your "Hummer" ? or the Bank takes your house ? ---bloody right I do ---- remember I was tempered and battle hardened during the big depression and War # 2.----SO ? ---survival is POSSIBLE , EH ?.-----YES it can be done ---a Rabbit Diesel can be a part of your come back .-- read my lips.

hagar.

PS : Jennifer Granholm and Scott Kair , must be some happy today. EH ? "Mission accomplished".
maxigaz
Glow Plug

Post by maxigaz »

hello boyz
it's my first post in this forum, as i only discovered it last week.
Guess what? i have read the whole story, wasn't easy as i couldn't always figure what hagar was talking about, but it dragged me back every evening in front of the computer, just to see what was coming next.
I learned a lot in a week, thanks to you guys.
by the way, it has made me nostalgic of my first vw golf, i had jumped a step ahead with the electonic tdi, but just for the fun of it i'm now looking after a golf 1, just to fiddle with the IP.
keep on the good fun
cheers
stef
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

Welcome to the forum. As you already know, there's lots of information within these posts and yes, hagars post is hard to read, but stuffed full of valuable information.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count