2006 VW Beetle error code Intake Valve Flap V157 Malfunction

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

Max
Glow Plug

2006 VW Beetle error code Intake Valve Flap V157 Malfunction

Post by Max »

I have a 2006 VW TDI Beetle. A couple of weeks ago my yellow engine light came on. With my ODM I got a P2108 which is a VAG code of 18540. This is the Throttle Actuator Control Module Performance (Motor for intake valve Flap V157 Malfunction).
I took off the small spring loaded front part (black plastic) and can push the revolving cam in and out. I cleaned everything put some light silicone and white grease on moving components. I rest the codes and can go for about 2 days and the check engine light comes back on. I repeat everything and it is good to go again.
Even with the check light on I have zero performance or fuel mileage issues. I've been looking for the parts to fix it but it is real confusing. Do I need the entire intake valve flap assembly and if I do what is the part? I have written down some parts number from the small black plastic front part with the small electric motor to push the cam in. I have searched everywhere for the Pierburg part even on their web site and can't find one. All looks good and really everything is moving freely and is very clean. The only thing I can think of is that the relay on the small electric motor is failing causing the check light to come on every couple of days.
Any suggestions, part numbers or guidance will be much appreciated.
Great site, newbie here.
Max
Quantum TD
Turbo Charger

Post by Quantum TD »

Try the Ross-Tech wiki,

Or TDI-club

Or VWvortex.

Most of the folks on this forum deal strictly with the IDI motors (up to 1997).

Good luck.
Max
Glow Plug

Post by Max »

Thanks will do.
2006 New Beetle TDI 71,000 miles getting close to 50mpg most driving on highway.