Veggie Conversion Kit and other diesel parts for sale

Moderator: Fatmobile

dvuono
Cetane Booster

Veggie Conversion Kit and other diesel parts for sale

Post by dvuono »

Hey all,
It great to be a part of the van community. I restored an 82 Diesel and put a new 1.9 longblock with an Ecodiesel turbo. The turbo is a bit weenie, but otherwise she runs great. I'm working out the kinks in the mean time. If anyone has a spare moment, please check out my blog which can be reached through my website http://www.davevuono.com. Any advice would be most appreciated!

I was originally going to try and convert my engine to run on grease but have since abandoned the idea. So now I'm trying to sell a brand new, never been opened (other than to take photos for craig's list, https://accounts.craigslist.org/post/sh ... 7427&db=lv) Greasecar.com conversion kit. Any takers?

Also, I have my old 1.6l diesel engine with about 100,000 miles. it ran fine in the van before I switched it out for the 1.9l. I also have the DZ transmission which would need to be rebuilt if anyone is keen.

Thanks for reading everyone.
Dave
Dave and his 82 Diesel Vanagon
caveman
Diesel Freak

Post by caveman »

Congratulations. There is a difference between a turbo diesel and an ecodiesel. The ecodiesel will run fine, but has much less power than a regular turbodiesel. On the regular one the pump has provisions for more fueling. On diesels, given access to enough air, more fuel =more power. It'll be easy to tell ,on the injection pump, there is a 4 inch space ship looking thing with a small vacuum hose attached. If it doesn't have but you find you have enough power,than don't worry about. Otherwise to upgrade it will be fairly simple and shouldn't be too expensive depending on far you want to go. On top of that you should also install an intercooler. Even more performance and better for the motor. Check around on this site for info on improvements.
Also why are you ditching the veg oil kit? I even used it today, not cold out so no problem and my diesel is in the red.
1971 super beetle

1990 t3 transporter 1.9na
dvuono
Cetane Booster

Post by dvuono »

Yeah like I said, I just don't feel like I have the time. I really want to do it, but it seem unrealistic right now. I guess i just the need the money too.
Dave and his 82 Diesel Vanagon
caveman
Diesel Freak

Post by caveman »

Free waste oil=free fuel+way cleaner exhaust= :D
1971 super beetle

1990 t3 transporter 1.9na
82Caddy
Cetane Booster

Greasecar kit

Post by 82Caddy »

I PM's you about the kit. Thanks