Old guy Old Rabbit---both Happy.

Technical questions and answers concerning all models of VW diesel vehicles.

Moderator: Fatmobile

hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : WE ( wonder and hagar) have the leg in the shop .. we then put the new bearing , coated in ever sleeze in a Zip lock bag in the Freezer..

There are two types of housings. , a one circlip and a two circlip type. We like the two clip the best.
We did say we are kind to those bearings EH ? we never Press , Hammer or bang on anywhere , that puts force on BALLS. on new bearings.

When that VW rolled out of the showroom , they all had a splash plate to protect bearings. --after 24 years in Wisconsin ? what plate. EH.?. yes Amerikans use too much SALT.
Gospel : All Rabbit legs from 1980 to 1984 are interchangeable , that means no need for alignment , many dollars saved EH ? The left and right are different..

Does hagar have troubles with LEGS ? yes my eyes seem to focus on Lenoras legs , for her age ? pretty nice. . 77 and in love ? top that.
All 3 sisters in that family have nice legs , is that important ? Not really for hagar BUT for the girls ? EH ?.

Next we remove Old bearing , the easy way .

Wonder and hagar .

PS : Op-Ivy you must meet "Wonder".
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Front wheel bearing removal :

We remove Circlips If installed by us a standard tool will work
, if it is a Wisconsin beauty , serious action will be required. (they can
be toughs )

wonder holds the leg and hagar , drives shaft out , Bearing will
separate.,leaving innermost race on shaft... Wonder phoned me twice
this morning , I love the sound of her voice.

Why did I say Two cans of P B blaster ? those clips.. Here we soak them
real good.

Then we order 3 clips. .We never install old clips.

Wonder and hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : when wonder woman tells hagar to go skylarking he goes EH ? when she tells me to drink Pomegranate Juice yep I do at any cost (like $13 foe 1,4 Litre)

Studies done by Professor emeritus Horrible Hagar , has shown that lethargic Rabbits in the 20 to 25 year age range . Showed incredible Smileage after application of ParoWax to fuel.. hagars PSA number dropped like a rock ,from 7.0 to 3.9 so ? Beer and Pomegranate juice do mix. EH ?

hagar.
Last edited by hagar on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
surfcam
Turbo Charger

Post by surfcam »

I just read about a study where people were drinking blended broccoli twice a day and had benefit from it, with reduced cancer. The whole problem is that the drug companies are the only ones with the money and interest in doing tests. This is a very expensive time consuming process but it does prove if stuff works. The chances of test being run on Pomegranate Juice, broccoli or any food is slim to none. Their's no way they can get a patient on common food. Dug companies don't even like people talking about this. There's a company called True Hope in Southern Alberta that makes a supplement for bipolar disorder. I believe the stuff is mostly just Vitamins. 90% of these people with the disorder have been able to eliminate or lower there medications. The drug companies got wind of it and tried to get the Gov't to shut them down. They fought back and it ended up in the supreme court and the little company won. Maybe having 200 people with bipolar disorder dissenting on Parliament had something to do with it.
99 TDI Jetta (Z1 engine code)
94 Grand Caravan
89 Dodge Gold Stream B class
http://www.antiquedollhouseofpatterns.ca/
slowbirds
Cetane Booster

Post by slowbirds »

deleted at request of hagar
Last edited by slowbirds on Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Op-Ivy
Turbo Charger

Post by Op-Ivy »

Fixed link for you slow.
Last edited by Op-Ivy on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1990 TD Jetta - 490,000Km
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : surfcam and ALL . never , never ,never will I ever POO POO or ridicule anyone of these nutritional additives to our diet . WHY ? . History that is why. First the Lime juice . Then the Carrot juice. English Royal Navy and scurvy . and the Danish school system 1942 .. . In 1942 Danmark was under German complete "Blackout" Law. One day a farm truck drove in to school playground , yes it was loaded with "Gullerødder" (carrots) . All student were lined up and told to eat .(you little rascals) I ate and ate and ate WHY ? I was bloody well hungry , besides I loved the crunch and taste. Then in 1953 my vision was Analyzed in the best University in København , My vision was classed as way better than 20 - 20

my night vision top of the charts, And color vision ? "unusual" I can read the charts for Normal and color blind. . I was tested by a young UK Doctor , just arrived in Kanada. in 1970 . After the test he looked at me and said Blimey I just found out that I am color blind. , top that one.

I do not know what free radicals are , BUT wonder say she knows , so next week I know.
Life can be interesting IMHO.

hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Front wheel bearings removal :

We now remove outer races from housing (simple operation) . On a two
clip housing it is super simple. On a one clip housing , we drift using
the balls as a way , we use a 1.3 inch Amerikan with a step . Did we
say you must THINK .... if you think it difficult ? THINK some more..
What goes wrong with bearings ? and why ? one race (usually) suffer
"Galling" . why ? , because race does not rotate..

How serious on the hagar scale ? about a 5. , Same noise on a rear
bearing ? is a strong 10.

wonder and hagar.

PS : see , it sure takes a lot of P B Blaster.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Today is April 09 2009. So ? , in the weird experience (saga) of hagar's the 09 April 1940 was very important . That was my first meeting with a VW . Yes the "Kubelwagens" were swarming all over my home Island Amager .

The Wehrmacht behaved like highly disciplined professional military men. Very impressive.. Remember they were my ENEMY so that is high praise, EH ?

4 years later I got to lean on General Irwin Rommels Kubelwagen. , it was still in desert camouflage.. IMHO Rommel was a fine Kraut.

hagar.
Josh
Turbo Charger

Post by Josh »

A vote for Broccoli Sprouts, and sprouts in general.

If you're going for "superfood" supplements, sprouting your own broccoli from seed and then eating them can't be beat. This way you get the freshest stuff (since you harvest immediately upon eating), and sprouts are concentrated more highly than the grown plant.

For fruits, a native to north america that's the second-most popular ice cream flavor in Poland is Aronia Berry; it's tough to get, but if you work the internet contacts, an Iowa farm grows them and you can secure concentrate from them. It rules. Best to grow your own, of course, but it'll be a few years before you can harvest your own. Red Fern Farm nursery in Iowa is the best source for fruit and nut trees and shrub stock in the country, bar none.
-'79 rabbit, getting parted out
-'82 quantum wagon, gutting.
-'84 rehabbed quantum TD sedan, southern rustless beauty for sale
-'82 cherry Westy from AZ
-more all the time; are they breeding?
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : by Josh I am with you all the way , in Danmark we have a bird called a Rype , (Ptarmigan ?) the place is covered in snow most times SO ? . the locals shoot them and eat the stomach content and throw the bird away.. Lets call it Arctic "Sprouts" (spinach).
The stomch content of Oysters is green So the color green tells us something EH ?

Well back to the Bearings,

wonder and hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : Front Bearing for Rabbits : Weight about 450 gram. Two rows of 1 cm balls. 14 balls each row.. Plastic caged. , SO? easy on the heat now.

wonder and hagar is about to install a FAG N 8 X. 171 - 407 - 625D made in Kanada. 532066DA 1k 08/04/03. F0306 15A3 63. .

Please let us know make and price from Jack TIA.

Every Good Friday hagar cries a lot . Two nice boys (friends of mine) was out playing with kids next door in Op-Ivy land (Kelowna BC). When they arrived home , they found Mother and Father in pools of blood in Kitchen floor. (murder suicide) .

wonder and hagar.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SAGA : as far as good Friday Skylarking , all was good. . From here to Sigrid 7.6 miles time ? 9.5 minutes. Sunny and 14 C. and calm .

Driving The "Ugly Duckling" is so much fun , I have no words for it.

For skylarking we need FUEL , EH ?. so I gave her 27 Litre 15 ppm and 400 ml of AeroShell W 120. . But soon she will be getting some ParoWax , not that she needs it , she likes it . does hagar need LOX ? NO , but he sure likes it .(just found out it is Jewish).

Someone screwed up , I was supposed to go under the knife today , Now it is May 11.

For you new recruits think about reading Diesel Engine Management , so far there are 4 editions . The best one IMHO ? 2nd Edition..

Reading hagars SAGA is not a bad idea either , the whole thing ,every word.. If I am wrong somewhere ? just PM me and I shall correct it. (hagar is not perfect).

hagar .

PS : imagine that Red Rabbit with 100 HP EH ? NO ? well I can.
FineFrank
Turbo Charger

Post by FineFrank »

ParoWax , not that she needs it , she likes it .
Yep, My bunny will start getting a full pound per tank starting next fill up. Like Hagar says, not because she needs it, but cause she likes it.
hagar
Hillbilly Tuner

Old guy Old Rabbit.

Post by hagar »

SI unit definitions

This page shows the official definitions of SI units, including a history of previous definitions. This list includes some units that are technically not SI units but are used with SI (such as the liter) or that are obsolete (such as the micron).

This list uses American English spellings. SI generally does not specify unit spellings or pronunciations, so they vary with language and dialect, but the symbols are standardized.

With few exceptions, the series of definitions for a unit did not change the actual “sizeâ€