Which mass air flow meter?

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

davidpa28140
Cetane Booster

Which mass air flow meter?

Post by davidpa28140 »

Hi again, I'm in the process of installing a tdi in an 83 rabbit pickup, my donor vehicle had the mass air flow meter removed before I bought it. Looking on the web I see prices wildly different on these items and from the forums I see people are using meters from other vehicles as well. I'm fairly new to maf's ,could someone enlighten me on which one I should buy? It seems to me that I see more of them available(and thus better prices) for jetta's and golf's. My engine came out of a 1997 passat, engine code 1Z.

Thanks, Dave
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

Best answer would be to use one that matches your ECM. If your ECM is out of the passant the use one that matches that.
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>