1994 GMC Vandura diesel, Colorado, $2200

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

v8volvo
Turbo Charger

1994 GMC Vandura diesel, Colorado, $2200

Post by v8volvo »

I am driving my '94 GMC van to Colorado and will be selling it once I get there. The 2000 mile trip from Boston will be the ultimate test! Once it does that trip with no trouble, you'll know it's a good one. 8)

It's a 3500 one-ton, white, cargo van. 6.5L V8 diesel engine, non-turbo. Runs great, drives fine, mechanically it's rock solid. It was a Pepsi delivery vehicle, I bought it directly from them, so it always got proper fleet maintenance. 189k. Needs nothing, though it may want a couple glow plugs come wintertime. It started fine all last winter for me, just a little shaky for the first few seconds, indicating a couple of em might be on their way out. No smoke, no leaks, great oil pressure, runs nice and cool. No issues. Gets pretty good mileage, up to 20 mpg, amazing for such a large vehicle.

Interior is basic but complete and clean. Intermittent wipers, vinyl seats, good radio, great heater, and that's about it -- no DVD screens, air conditioning, etc. It does have ABS. Everything works like it is supposed to.

Trans is the 4L80E heavy duty 4 speed automatic, shifts like new. Body has a couple small dings but nothing you'd notice from 10 feet away. It's all solid and straight. Heavy duty one ton chassis with big brakes, 8 lug hubs etc. This thing is tough enough to survive a bomb blast. It will take whatever you throw at it and ask for more.

Asking $2200, a great price for a tough, capable hauler in solid condition. Ready for many more years and miles. We will be getting to Denver/Ft Collins area on May 25 and will be looking to sell it immediately. Let me know if interested. I have more pics.

Thanks!
'81 Rabbit 1.6D/5-speed, sold '09
'86 Volvo 740 TD wagon, 295k