Parting out 85 Diesel Jetta, WVO system - lots left

Cars and Parts
Please list location (city, state) of merchandise in thread title

Moderator: Fatmobile

the vegenator
Turbo Charger

Parting out 85 Diesel Jetta, WVO system - lots left

Post by the vegenator »

I've let my trusty old Jetta sit in my driveway since September, so I figure it's finally time to let it (or most of it) go. There were just too many small issues for me to want to deal with!

I've already picked a few parts off for use on my other 85 Jetta, but most of it is still there. I kept it pretty well maintained, so there are some newer components on it. Also worth mentioning is that I ran this thing on grease and would gladly sell off some of the parts, including a Racor Vormax heated filter/water separator, which looks something like this:

Just let me know if there's anything you need and we'll work it out!

mikeharpring at gmail dot com
- Mike Harpring

'85 VW Jetta NA Diesel/WVO
Rust Bucket
Glow Plug

WVO filter...

Post by Rust Bucket »

I'm interested in the WVO filter. How much are you looking for it?

Thanks,
-AJ
the vegenator
Turbo Charger

Post by the vegenator »

Hey... I'm selling the filter for $150. Half of what I paid for it.

Here it is cleaned up with a new filter:

- Mike Harpring

WorldA
Cetane Booster

Post by WorldA »

I need a injection pump for a 1.5 . Do you have anything for sale?
82 vw rabbit truck 1.6 D
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

What color interior does the car have?

Also, I'm looking for the rear door window glass seals. These seals are mounted on the outside of the door, and seal between the door window (the window that cranks up and down) and the outside of the door. Can you look at your seals and make sure that they are not warped where they do not touch the glass anymore? Mine have warped a bit and do not touch the glass, so water runs down inside the door.
Everybody else lists their cars here - but not me.

I have too many to count
Mr. Natural
Glow Plug

85 Jetta, Does it have cruise control?

Post by Mr. Natural »

Does this car have cruise control?

I am looking for the cruise control bits that attach to the injection pump.
Mr. Natural
1986 VW Jetta GL Turbo Diesel
the vegenator
Turbo Charger

Post by the vegenator »

to WorldA - my engine is a 1.6 NA diesel, not a 1.5. Does that matter for injection pumps?

82vdub - the car is tan and has a tan to brown interior color scheme. To be honest, though, the interior condition was never that great. Lots of little tears and what not... anything in particular you're looking for? About the seals - I was actually just thinking about how I wish I could find a source for good, cheap seals for my other 85 jetta. Those seals cost way too much new! So, to answer your question - nope, none of the seals are good. I had the same problem with water running inside on that car as I am with my other one. :-(

Mr. Natural - The car doesn't have cruise control. I wish it did though. Are there any old manual diesels that DO have cruise? I've read about other folks doing aftermarket cruise control setups by tapping into the alternator, but this is all unknown science to me.
- Mike Harpring

82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

I'm looking for the tan/brown door panels - especially the rear panels, and the brown hardware that goes on those panels, and a brown console. I called the dealer and they can't get those door seals new. If you found them new, where did you find them? What did you do to solve the water issue on your car? This car is new to me and I'm trying to get out working on it, with no time to do it.

I have too many to count
WorldA
Cetane Booster

Post by WorldA »

I think I have a 1.6 ip mounted to my 1.5 so I dont think it matters.I just bought a old junk ip from a local guy for 50 bucks that doesnt work so i need a pump that for sure works. If you want to sell me something ill try to get the cash asap for the pump.I need one really really bad my rabbit diesel truck is my only vehicle .
82 vw rabbit truck 1.6 D
Mr. Natural
Glow Plug

Post by Mr. Natural »

the vegenator wrote:Mr. Natural - The car doesn't have cruise control. I wish it did though. Are there any old manual diesels that DO have cruise? I've read about other folks doing aftermarket cruise control setups by tapping into the alternator, but this is all unknown science to me.
Yes, I have seen a few NA MK2 Jettas with cruise control here in No. CA. But getting parts for the system is another thing entirely. It seems that the cruise system parts are universal and interchangeable with gassers except for the parts attached to the IP itself. Those are diesel only and rumor has it are made out of hens teeth and leprechaun spittle. Someday I will find one, by jimminy.
Mr. Natural
1986 VW Jetta GL Turbo Diesel
82vdub
Turbo Charger

Post by 82vdub »

I'll say that for around $100 and 4-6 hours of time, I have no regrets for installing this cruise control system.

viewtopic.php?t=7462

This would have taken a really long time to install without these detailed instructions, but with them, it was extremly easy to install.

I have too many to count