Stupid questions

Moderator: Fatmobile

TTRanch
Glow Plug

Stupid questions

Post by TTRanch »

Since I don't have a owners manual, and I haven't had the time to trace the tubes, and it is my first Transporter, Where the hell is the windsheild washer tank and fill port? I saw 2 little plastic tanks under the seat/front fender wells, but no way to get to them. And what is the cheapest way to help out the sad little suspension springs in the rear? I can order heavy duty springs, but I don't feel like spending $400. Maybe when I pick up a 1.9 TDI 4X4 I'll be willing to spend a little more $, but not on the poor little 1.6 N/A, high top, striped out, panel van. Also I'm gunna change the tar out of the oil pan, and was wondering what weight sythetic to pour in it?
libbybapa
Turbo Charger

Post by libbybapa »

I'd use 10W-40.

In the U.S. (left-hand drive) the windshield washer fluid tank is to the left of the pedals. Pull down the carpet and you'll see it. The two tanks behind and above the wheels are the fuel expansion tanks.
stopping
Diesel Freak

Post by stopping »

Are your springs cracked? I put one metric ton in my vanagon regularly...
TTRanch
Glow Plug

Thanks for the assist

Post by TTRanch »

Thanks to Libbybapa, I found the washer tank right where you said.

And to Stopping, I'll have to crawl under and check the springs, it's ass is a little down when empty and the rear wheels are cambered out a bit.

I found some jerry rigged, leaking fuel lines from a filter mounted on the front engine bay firewall to the injector pump, part hard yellow (used to be clear) and part black rubber with clamps missing and loose and swedges loose. I'm going to replace them with 8mm black rubber fuel line.