00 Jetta TDI rear parking lights

This forum is for TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) questions/posts. Non-TDI Motors (Including the 1.6, and 1.9 or other variant turbo diesel motors) should go in the VW Diesel General Forum

Moderator: Fatmobile

coke

00 Jetta TDI rear parking lights

Post by coke »

Working on a 2000 Jetta TDI for a friend. The rear parking lights do not come on when the headlight switch is turned to on. It had a previous recall for a brake switch related to a switch on the brake pedal (Which I guess was botched by VW, hence a 2nd recall for the same switch) but I'm not entirely certain this has anything to do with the parking lights. It just occurred.

I haven't had a chance to look at it yet myself but am getting ready to tackle it and am wondering if any fellow TDI drivers have had this problem? The bubs were replaced with new ones, two separate pairs with no luck. I was thinking fuses but I believe each side is fused separately and can't really imagine them both blowing at the same time unless some other electrical problem was hiding.

What do ya'll think?
CoolAirVw
Turbo Charger

Post by CoolAirVw »

Theres a daytime running light delete mod. Wonder if someone tried that and botched it.

Did they quit working while he had the car?
Richard
85 Jetta TD
ASE Certified Master Auto-Technician with L1 Advanced Engine Diagnostic Rating and Light Diesel certification
ATRA Certified in Rebuilding, Diagnosing & Installing Transmissions

My Threads---> <a href="viewtopic.php?t=6255&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0" target="_blank">Rusty Floor Repair </a> ---- <a href="viewtopic.php?t=4923&highlight=" target="_blank">Oil Pressure Warning</a>----<a href="viewtopic.php?t=6632" target="_blank">Uploading Pictures</a>----<a href="http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php? ... t&p=730755" target="_blank">My Porsche 914</a>
coke

Post by coke »

Yeah. Come to find out, he thought he had replaced them. However, them crafty volkswagen engineers use a seperate bulb for each light. parking, turn and brake. :)

New bulbs are in and all is ok now.